Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone put stock size big horns or roctanes on stock rims on a 400 HO. I have heard they run big. Dont want new rims or big spacers. Also what kind of clutch kit not much for 400s out there

·
Registered
993 Posts
I know the bighorns run one size bigger then listed, they did on my 12" outlander and the same on my 850xp. I'm about to order a set of STI black diamonds for the wifes new ride but I heard they run a inch smaller then listed so hell you just never know anymore.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's just it. A lot of money to not know. But discount tire is running $25 off purchase of 4 tires and they carry the rocktanes. Under $400 shipped to door.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
993 Posts
I just got an email today that rocky mountain atv is offering free shipping on any order over 49 bucks. But might have to check around to ensure I get the best deal

·
Registered
2,846 Posts
Rocky mountain atv is where I got my bighorns from. Got 25" but they measured about 26".

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sound good. How wide are the 25" horns. I heard they run tall but am concerned about the width. Don't want new rims or big spacers

·
Registered
993 Posts
Discount tire was cheaper so they got my order today!!:fest06:

·
Registered
2,846 Posts
Bighorns

Sound good. How wide are the 25" horns. I heard they run tall but am concerned about the width. Don't want new rims or big spacers

F25x8x12 & R25x10x12 I have them mounted on the factory rims. I have pictures of the horns un-mounted in my album if you want to take a look.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

F25x8x12 & R25x10x12 I have them mounted on the factory rims. I have pictures of the horns un-mounted in my album if you want to take a look.
Did you have any rubbing issues and what atv do you have. Also pics of them on the bike would be good.

·
Registered
2,846 Posts
No rubbing issues at all. The 25" horns have a deeper lug than the larger horns. I was going to get the 26" but then I'd have to get spacers.

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Go to Mud-Throwers...I got a hell of deal last week for Maxxis Big Horns 2.0 26X9X14 26X11X14 for $398 shipped!!!

·
Registered
993 Posts
Thanks for getting my name right LOL. I wound up going with the STI black diamonds xtr, have read lots of good things on them. I have run bighorns for 3500 miles on my outlander 800 and they worked great and wore like iron, liked them so much I put them on my new 13 850xp and love them there also. So this time I just wanted to try something new so I went with the XTR hope I like them as much as my bighorns.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Keeps us updated how they perform and differ from the big horns

·
Premium Member
10,611 Posts
a buddy of mine has a 2012 sporty 400 and runs the stock size bighorn 2.0's. no fitment issues. he has said he wished he went up in size for the added clearance though. u will be able to fit 26x9-12 bighorns on ur 400, if u wanted without spacers. now sice ur running a 400 u might want to consider tire weight when purchasing. the original bigs and 2.0's are going to be lighter then the BD and rocktanes.

·
Premium Member
10,611 Posts
Go to Mud-Throwers...I got a hell of deal last week for Maxxis Big Horns 2.0 26X9X14 26X11X14 for $398 shipped!!!
that's a smoking deal. just put the word out on that.

·
Premium Member
10,611 Posts
Thanks for getting my name right LOL. I wound up going with the STI black diamonds xtr, have read lots of good things on them. I have run bighorns for 3500 miles on my outlander 800 and they worked great and wore like iron, liked them so much I put them on my new 13 850xp and love them there also. So this time I just wanted to try something new so I went with the XTR hope I like them as much as my bighorns.
lets us know what u think of the BD over the bigs.

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Yea it was a hell of deal...gonna put them on this week and gonna post them

·
Registered
42 Posts
You got a link to that? Im not seeing anything close to that on there site.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Has anyone put stock size big horns or roctanes on stock rims on a 400 HO. I have heard they run big. Dont want new rims or big spacers. Also what kind of clutch kit not much for 400s out there
Here is a guy who mounted Bighorn 26X9-12 and 26X12-12 on his Sportsman 500.
Original rims and 5mm spacers in front (ordinary washers). No rubbing... :veryhappy:
Däck till sportsman 500 monterade och klara (med bild!)

Attachments

1 - 20 of 24 Posts