Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been riding bikes for 55 yrs. After my 4th stroke decided to sell my 5 bikes and take up 4 wheeling. Bought a 2010 Sportsman 500 with 110 hours. I used to race dirt bikes and guess it made the change much easier. This thing is a blast. We recently had 14" of snow and this thing went with no problem, scared a few cows on the neighbors 100 acre farm. Did jump a 6' wide creek but was running to fast to avoid a tree 20' up the bank. Bought a double tube front bumper to limit damage, ride it like I stole it. Got a winch from Cabelas last week, Kolpin 2500 for Under $90 with taxes, 5 yr warranty. Gearing up for 2 weeks at Hatfield McCoy in West Virginia. Tried a few atv's but the polaris is by far the most comfortable ride for this 63 yr old.

·
8,875 Posts
Been riding bikes for 55 yrs. After my 4th stroke decided to sell my 5 bikes and take up 4 wheeling. Bought a 2010 Sportsman 500 with 110 hours. I used to race dirt bikes and guess it made the change much easier. This thing is a blast. We recently had 14" of snow and this thing went with no problem, scared a few cows on the neighbors 100 acre farm. Did jump a 6' wide creek but was running to fast to avoid a tree 20' up the bank. Bought a double tube front bumper to limit damage, ride it like I stole it. Got a winch from Cabelas last week, Kolpin 2500 for Under $90 with taxes, 5 yr warranty. Gearing up for 2 weeks at Hatfield McCoy in West Virginia. Tried a few atv's but the polaris is by far the most comfortable ride for this 63 yr old.
Welcome to the forum Riplee. Lot of good folks and good info on here.
Enjoy your new ride but you'd better slow your old crusty butt down or a stroke will be the least of your worries lol. :grin
These machines are a lot of fun but they will thump you hard if they get on you...Don't ask me how I know.
What part of NC you in?

·
Registered
295 Posts
Welcome, Wow! I’m thinking your pulling our chain on the wild riding🤪. Stay safe to ride more days growing old and staying healthy is key, we don’t heal as fast as we did when younger!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts