Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello one and all im new to polaris ownership. i am in the process of trying to resurrect a 1993/94 300 2x4 and will searching threads for help. thank in advance for your future help.

·
Registered
8,427 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

You will need all the help you can get as very few parts are available for vehicles that old, but hope springs eternal and some parts that are not available from Polaris are available from other manufacturers and some non-Polaris parts may be substituted. I have used Yamaha, Kawasaki, Suzuki, Honda, Hyosung, Linhai, Lifan, Xingue, Briggs & Stratton and other various suppliers of parts on all makes and models. Some Kawasaki, Suzuki and Arctic Cat parts are exact replacements in rebranded packages. Example: the petcock for a Suzuki LT80 and a Kawasaki KFX80 are identical - if you order a petcock for an KFX80 it will come in a Suzuki box with a Kawasaki label on it, but if you order the Kawasaki part for the Suzuki, it's $20 cheaper than the Suzuki part. A muffler for an Arctic Cat DVX 4003512-006 is $563 - if you order one it comes in a Suzuki package with Suz part # 14310-07G12 on it (the price from Suz is $429.90) however if you order Kaw part number 18087-S011 you get the same part for $419.40. If you order parts for a Polaris 90 from Aeon, you can get them cheaper than from Polaris, but if you need to replace the CDI unit on your 07-14 Polaris 90 Outlaw or Sportsman and just have to have the reverse light work, then you need Polaris part 0454656 @ $267 - if you can live without the reverse light, use Universal Parts 100-211 @ $8.00.

You will find a lot of helpful folks on this forum.

·
Premium Member
4,025 Posts
Welcome to the forum! I have a 94 Trail Boss 400L project on the work table at the moment. As Latbird said, be prepared to do some searching for parts. Some of what I want to replace isn't available so I will have to get creative.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts