Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. I have recently purchased 2 polaris quads. I got good deals on them (I think) and been really wanting to see what they can do. Anyway I have a 95 scrambler 400. the guy I bought it from said he was riding it and it just died and wouldnt start back. I did see somewhere to pull the black wire from the cdi and if it starts it has something to do with the throttle. I unplugged it and it started. But it will only run a few sec. then die like its running out of fuel. Any ideas? And do I need to do something to the throttle? Does the ground wire have to be on? My other I got was a 2000 trailblazer. I had to have the tranny rebuilt on it but it wouldnt start when I first got it. the guy that worked on it for me said it was a safety switch that he bypassed. So far I still have less than a grand in both of them together.

·
Registered
335 Posts
did u pull the black wire from the cdi or the reverse limiter, normally you pull it off the limiter when the reverse override is messed up, probably the same thing that the guy did on your other one. On the one that won't run, the first thing i would do is a compression check, ive seen a lot of 2 strokes break the exhaust side of the piston skirt and it will idle but it won't rev up. If your compression is good then u might just need to clean the carb

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
$1,000 for 2 quads?? I'd say that was a deal!!! 2 strokes are very easy to work on,very few moving parts. Sounds like the carb needs to be cleaned on the 1st one. By the way, the black wire goes to the kill switch I believe.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts