Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
I got the amazon specials. All 4 for $200

·
Premium Member
2008 800 ho efi, 2019 850 SP premium
6,997 Posts
The "S" model Polaris fender flares are 24.95 ea through Fix my Toys or Partszilla

·
Premium Member
6,997 Posts
Reactions: Xpialidocious

·
Premium Member
6,997 Posts
That sucks......

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
Most companies act like were in another solar system. Yet somehow they can ship cars and boats and whatever else here... dealers can get these parts... So why can't I order them myself?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
well it looks like partzilla will ship them. But there is a month long delay. I might call my dealership and see if they'll get them for me and what they'll charge. The ones on amazon havent shipped yet. I appreciate the money saving tip!

·
Premium Member
1,739 Posts
well it looks like partzilla will ship them. But there is a month long delay. I might call my dealership and see if they'll get them for me and what they'll charge. The ones on amazon havent shipped yet. I appreciate the money saving tip!
I hope that works out with the “s” fenders they are nice . For the price FPD posted that’s a deal . As long as shipping cost is not too high

nice looking machine ! I guess the previous owner abused the belt in high gear based on your findings . Otherwise it looks nearly new !

·
Premium Member
1,739 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #51 ·
Will scrambler shocks fit the sportsman? I thought I read somewhere that the rears don't play well with the arched arms.

·
Premium Member
1,739 Posts
Will scrambler shocks fit the sportsman? I thought I read somewhere that the rears don't play well with the arched arms.
A lot of people like to put highlifter springs or epi springs to prevent/ remedy sag that is created by older stock springs . I’ve heard they don’t have to be very old to have lost their support ...

·
Premium Member
6,997 Posts
*+ FPD is 100% right here about running a tap through them actually ricochet has adopted his method most likely LOL.....

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #54 ·
*+ FPD is 100% right here about running a tap through them actually ricochet has adopted his method most likely LOL.....
Huh???

And idk if its just spring sag, the whole machine feels very pogo'y My 2012 850 felt the same way. I think its just polaris's shocks. I currently have them cranked to the max and it still feels bouncy.

So back to my original question, do the scrambler fox shocks work?

·
Premium Member
1,739 Posts
I’m not sure , you could certainly get any stage of Fox or Elka shocks and they would work alot better . I would imagine shocks for the scrambler would be valved and sprung slightly different than the sportsman requires . Especially with any additional payload ...

For the money spent I’ve been told the spring upgrade is night and day but I haven’t experienced that for myself ... the cost is 300.00 roughly for all

verses new shocks between 800.00-2000.00

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #56 ·
well I can get a set of Scrambler Fox Podium X shocks for a little under 1K. I've also thought about putting the Elka stage 3 shocks on for $1400, but I keep reading that elka has gone downhill quite a lot. I absolutely do not want a set of shocks that I have to send back and forth repeatedly to get them built right. It should be a one and done deal.

·
Premium Member
6,997 Posts
HighLifter or EPI Springs and don't look back!

Reactions: Xpialidocious

·
Premium Member
1,739 Posts
41 - 60 of 100 Posts