Polaris ATV Forum banner

61 - 80 of 100 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #61 ·
eh, pep is the same. Has a very soft low end. Idk I think maybe I overhyped it in my head? Just expected some arm wrenching torque and it just doesnt have it, at least not in the low end. Its fast, and it is strong but its a bit too smooth for me. I imagine for most its probably just right. I prefer a good violent snap on the low end tho.

·
Premium Member
1,742 Posts
Well that’s no problem

contact this dude ! Seriously he can help ...

email or Facebook message him , he will make a recommendation and can get you parts at the same cost as ordering directly .

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #63 ·
Definitely won't spend thousands on it to get it there. If it comes to that I'll buy a sport quad and relive my 15yr old days again.

·
Premium Member
1,742 Posts
Definitely won't spend thousands on it to get it there. If it comes to that I'll buy a sport quad and relive my 15yr old days again.
It won’t take thousands , no big probably better to leave the smooth engagement anyway . It’s safer

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #65 ·
do you think a clutch kit is all it will take? it seemed to me that it literally just did not have the bottom end torque I was expecting.

·
Premium Member
2017 Sportsman 850SP
1,773 Posts
Call Ryan at RVS performance and tell him how you want your ATV to perform. He’ll custom a clutch kit for you for under $500 that will give you that low end engagement that your looking for.

·
Premium Member
2017 Sportsman 850SP
1,773 Posts
do you think a clutch kit is all it will take? it seemed to me that it literally just did not have the bottom end torque I was expecting.
Bottom end torque is found on the Highlifters that have different gearing in the transmission to turn them mud tires. The Sportsman’s pull, and keep pulling. But most people who purchase a “utility” ATV do not want that snap as soon as they hit the throttle. A clutch kit can change that.

·
Registered
829 Posts
eh, pep is the same. Has a very soft low end. Idk I think maybe I overhyped it in my head? Just expected some arm wrenching torque and it just doesnt have it, at least not in the low end. Its fast, and it is strong but its a bit too smooth for me. I imagine for most its probably just right. I prefer a good violent snap on the low end tho.
I kinda feel the same way with my 850.

I was expecting to be able to mash the throttle and pull the front wheels up with ease. Not happening. It does get going pretty fast but it just doesn't have the power I expected. Even after going with an ECU tune from RVS, I'm wanting more.

·
Premium Member
1,742 Posts
Trevor at NCB sells the same kits from Ryan at RVS .

and he gets them to you at the same price because he’s buying wholesale from Ryan . Just FYI

they are the same parts.

but yeah what gmartino said he’s right RVS has you covered !

·
Premium Member
2017 Sportsman 850SP
1,773 Posts
Trevor at NCB sells the same kits from Ryan at RVS .

and he gets them to you at the same price because he’s buying wholesale from Ryan . Just FYI

they are the same parts.

but yeah what gmartino said he’s right RVS has you covered !
I don’t know Trevor or NCB, but I’ve dealt with Ryan and he gave me exactly what I was looking for. If Trevor can do the same, then that’s awesome to have a second option. You should tell him to join the forum and become a sponsored vendor. It would help his business out.

·
Premium Member
1,742 Posts
I don’t know Trevor or NCB, but I’ve dealt with Ryan and he gave me exactly what I was looking for. If Trevor can do the same, then that’s awesome to have a second option. You should tell him to join the forum and become a sponsored vendor. It would help his business out.
I agree , will do .
honestly I love supporting either one of these companies or both ! It’s just awesome to have these committed small business owners.

Reactions: Gmartino100

·
Premium Member
1,742 Posts
Some of the things that are cool about what Trevor is doing at North country boyz is he is getting prototype parts built for his scrambler S so he is working hand-in-hand with the product developers to bring new parts to the market.

For example he has some awesome Fasst co handlebars and gauge relocation brackets that are custom made . Just cool to see .

** Check it out one evening I was texting with him and he sent me this picture of an overseas racer and his sportsman 1000 S. From Greece

Attachments

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #73 ·
oh that was one other thing I did. I removed the mini snorkel from the airbox. Was gonna turn it around to be a "ram air" but its somewhat offset how it hooks up. With that said, is there a general airbox mod for these machines?

·
Premium Member
1,742 Posts
oh that was one other thing I did. I removed the mini snorkel from the airbox. Was gonna turn it around to be a "ram air" but its somewhat offset how it hooks up. With that said, is there a general airbox mod for these machines?
Ask the experts

in my opinion they dont need one unless you want a stage 3 tune which is way aggressive

·
Premium Member
2017 Sportsman 850SP
1,773 Posts
Snorkel Your ATV makes the warrior air intake adapter. It provides 2-1.5” diameter intakes for snorkel risers. You can purchase the adapter and it will improve air flow.

61 - 80 of 100 Posts