Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I just landed myself into a 92 Trail Boss 350L 4x4 (I think this is correct based on pictures from the internet). While I am a handy guy, I don't know much about ATVs and have never really worked on one. I need to find an owners manual and / or service manual to study up on. Initial internet searches have come up short. Is there something I missed or are these pre-internet machines?

Thanks,

Brick

·
Registered
9,980 Posts
I can supply you with a service manual, but good luck on an owners manual

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, I appreciate you taking a look!

First thing I have to fix is the 3" nail I found in the front right tire. Old owner said that it will run, but does not like to idle. I read the clean your carb post on here and it sounds like the idle circuit needs cleaning. I also have to find some nuts and bolts for the battery terminals. The old owner could not find them.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
OK, tore into it a bit and removed the tank to get all the old gas out. The tank has a small fuel line on top of it and the end of that line is cracked and looks like it broke off. I am not sure if this is just a breather line or should b connected to something. The oil tank line has the same thing and it is routed up and into the steering shaft, I guess to help keep dirt and water out of it.

In this next pic, I think the line that I labeled "1" vents gasses from the crank case back to the carb. The line labeled "2" comes from a casing and seems to go no where (another breather tube?).

This picture is rotated 90 degrees by the image host and I can't get it fixed. It shows a line coming out of the bottom of the carb and going into a white plastic disk (I have no idea what that does) and then another short section of line after the disk that goes to no where. I am wondering if this was supposed to be connected to anything or that line from the casing that went no where also?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts