Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up a used 08 outlaw 525s. Thinking it was rolled but not certain. Everything is straight but it has pro taper bars and the light/start/kill switch is gone. The guy put on another kill switch and a new starter button. Headlights are there just not holed up. Looking to put it back back after looking it looks as tho the guy cut and spliced the starter and kill wires to the new switches. I can find a new factory switch but the plugs are gone. I’m seeing full wiring harnesses on eBay fairly reasonable. I am not very mechanically inclined (killer deal on the quad or I would have gotten a much less maintenance required machine), is swapping a new wiring harness a big job? Any other options to put things back to factory?
Thanks in advance

·
Registered
6,585 Posts
If the wires have been shortened, try to find a damaged wiring harness to cut the leads off and splice them back on.

Installing a wiring harness is a pain, but it might be the best option - strip off the plastic and photo the wiring harness as installed to help guide you in placement of the new harness.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you. That makes sense. Only replace the plugs that were removed. Which are all in front of the handlebars.
thank you

1 - 3 of 3 Posts