Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

Just warming up from a ride. Wanted to share the new to me ride. 2013 Sportsman 850XP LE Steath Black. It has 110 miles and about 10 hrs on it. This thing is sweet. Already figuring out my wish list.
Previous owner added 28" Mudlites on Polaris rims not sure on spacing. front and rear bumpers and rear rack extender. The power of this thing is awesome and it sounds great. I've never had a quad with power steering and I will never go back.

Current list of things to do: grease er up, dielectric all electric connections. New battery in near future. Last owner used 2x in a year and did not keep on a tender then traded in for another new machine. If there are any other suggestons please let them fly. I was going to wait until about 20 hrs to change fluids.

I believe this is a 20AH battery if anyone has pn's for larger 30AH battery please share. Also wondering what Wix oil filter pn is? I will do more searching soon.
Love this forum. Great resource.

Thanks,

Tom

Attachments

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
Nice ride now have from fun making great memories

·
Registered
3,230 Posts
It looks asesome all blacked out and shiny!!

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
Odyssey 925L is what you want. Twice the size of stock. You will probably also want to change out the spark plugs as the champion ones are prone to carbon fouling. Many here use iridium's from NGK. They run a bit hotter and get rid of some of the issues with stuttering and stalling.

After that you want to get ahold of Ridinagain on the board here and get yourself a QSC clutch. And as you live in the "Polar Vortex" region as well you should get some hand and thumb warmers.

They are great machines.

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Hello,

Just warming up from a ride. Wanted to share the new to me ride. 2013 Sportsman 850XP LE Steath Black. It has 110 miles and about 10 hrs on it. This thing is sweet. Already figuring out my wish list.
Previous owner added 28" Mudlites on Polaris rims not sure on spacing. front and rear bumpers and rear rack extender. The power of this thing is awesome and it sounds great. I've never had a quad with power steering and I will never go back.

Current list of things to do: grease er up, dielectric all electric connections. New battery in near future. Last owner used 2x in a year and did not keep on a tender then traded in for another new machine. If there are any other suggestons please let them fly. I was going to wait until about 20 hrs to change fluids.

I believe this is a 20AH battery if anyone has pn's for larger 30AH battery please share. Also wondering what Wix oil filter pn is? I will do more searching soon.
Love this forum. Great resource.

Thanks,

Tom
Congrats!

I'd first buy a helmet
Get insurance
Do a full maintenance on it for peace of mind
Get and odyssey AGM battery with a tender w/ pigtail for quick connect/disconnect
Take a look at the belt
Install Ricochet Skid Plates

...the list could be endless lol just depends on your priorities

PS: I know the shiny new looking tires make her stand out great! But be safe; wash that crap off (at least the inside tire tread; sidewalls optional - would look weird though) before taking it out and flogging it down a road/trail. That stuffs like driving on oil slicks and could seriously injure someone.

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Odyssey 925L is what you want. Twice the size of stock. You will probably also want to change out the spark plugs as the champion ones are prone to carbon fouling. Many here use iridium's from NGK. They run a bit hotter and get rid of some of the issues with stuttering and stalling.

After that you want to get ahold of Ridinagain on the board here and get yourself a QSC clutch. And as you live in the "Polar Vortex" region as well you should get some hand and thumb warmers.

They are great machines.
x2 on the battery recommendation...do yourself a favor and DO NOT by the same model with the metal jacket option. I thought it would be awesome...til it didn't fit in the frame like the standard plastic one does. Took some time with a dremel and A LOT of cursing to get one side of the jacket off to make it fit; they glue it on there VERY securely lol.

If the '13s use the same NGKs as the '11s I got my through O' Reilys Auto Parts for $13 a pop. They had to special order and they came in 3 days; make sure they know you just want 2! ...not the set of 4

·
Registered
2,350 Posts
Looks great,..........personally, I would change the fluids now, then again at 20 hours.
Two years is a long damn time on fluids, and there is not way to tell if he ever changed them.

·
Registered
217 Posts
I agree with faawrenchbndr on the fluids all the way around......start with fresh and you've created a baseline from "your zero" miles. The same with the spark plugs.....

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the tips. I was going to do the fluids for peace of mind but when i mentioned that to the dealer he said oil looked like new and not to do it until the 20 hrs. I have all necessary items here so i will do it for peace of mind.

First mods for me will definetly be hand warmers and hand guards. I think i'm liking the new style polaris ones and Im told they have metal brackets not plastic like the other ones. Had powermadd on the 800 and they were ok. I have a plow on the 800 and will wait until next winter to get a plow for this one. Having power steering for plowing is going to be great.

What NGK Plugs did you get just the equivalent to the champs in there now or the iridiums other have been using.

PS - already have helmet and insurance.

·
Registered
2,861 Posts
Very nice ride.

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
Beautiful machine man...love the blacked out look

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thank you for all of the kind words. Its the newest quad i've ever owned. Usually been getting something 10 yrs old as I love to wrench on them making them reliable and to my style. I believe this was too good of a deal to pass up and will have just as much fun making this on mine. Hope it will give me years of good service.

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
I know what you mean, my last bike was an 04 Eiger 400 and I just picked up my first brand new bike today.

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
Very Nice looking machine.... Enjoy!!

·
Registered
491 Posts
I dig it!

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Just finished up with all fluids except adc. Glad I did. Magnets had a fair amount of metal on them.

sent from my S4

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
1 - 20 of 25 Posts