Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys/gals. I recently picked up a clean 11 trailblazer 330 for my daughter .

When I start the Polaris on choke it runs and when I switch to choke off It runs but idles very low (well atleast to me it seems very very low but drives fine during this low idling ) . So I tried adjusting the idler and now it's not staying on when choke is off. What did I mess up?? Recently carb cleaned

Thank you,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
Did you adjust the idle mixture screw the correct way? I'd try the reverse of what you did to see if it solves the problem. :dunno:

Most Polaris' idle around 1000-1200 rpm.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I didn't touch the mixture screw at all. I didn't think I needed too. I try to undo what I did . At one point it worked but I still thought it was to low and tried again lol. Now that I know it's 1-1,200rpm I guess that explains the low idle . Just seems it should be higher .

·
Registered
177 Posts
I didn't touch the mixture screw at all. I didn't think I needed too. I try to undo what I did . At one point it worked but I still thought it was to low and tried again lol. Now that I know it's 1-1,200rpm I guess that explains the low idle . Just seems it should be higher .

Well, did you turn the idle adjuster clockwise to increase the idle? CC will slow the idle down. Not sure how much you know, I mean no offence to you in asking that question.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No offense taking this is my 1st Polaris . I turned clockwise and counter clockwise. I did notice it idle higher when I turn cw but only when choke was on. When I turned choke off the idle went low and it sputter and turned off . I check spark plug it was good. I guess I just have to get used to the low idle the Polaris has .

·
Registered
177 Posts
Turn it more clockwise....leave the choke on. Slowly take the choke off as it warms up, and it it dies, go clockwise a little more. Try it. If that doesn't work then your carb is a bit dirty....

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Will do thanks. Will keep you updated

Like I stated before previous owner said he had it cleaned recently and when I test drove it at his house it started fine and ran good . Just seemed like the idle was low from what I'm used to hearing on other quads

·
Registered
244 Posts
If you don't have one, put an inline filter to keep any nasty stuff out of the carb.

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
Did you adjust the idle mixture screw the correct way? I'd try the reverse of what you did to see if it solves the problem. :dunno:

Most Polaris' idle around 1000-1200 rpm.
Sorry, I meant to "say" Idle Screw, not mixture..... :dunce:

That's another very good point Hydrex made.... either replace if it already has one or install an inline fuel filter.

Also another good "rule of thumb" for Polaris (and any carbureted quad).... turn off the fuel during transport, if a valve is available!!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yes filter is on and I shut off fuel valve all the time .

1 - 10 of 10 Posts