Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, I'm new to the site and would like to say hello to all. I just purchased my first ATV ever and decided to make it a Polaris. I purchased a 2014 Sportsman 400 HO. I purchase this because I am getting to old to walk in and out of the woods while hunting. I have a 11 year old son who I would like to give a ride to his stand but I don't like the fact he has nothing really to hold on to, I see other atv owners with a passenger seat that doubles as a cargo box bolted to their racks. Is there one that would be a good safe fit for the 2014 sportsman 400? I will really appreciate your help.

Thanks,
Philgood (New-B)

·
Registered
1,891 Posts

·
Premium Member
20,001 Posts
Welcome to the board.

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
Welcome to the forum and enjoy the ride
remember indy likes pics
indy

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
Welcome :wave:

As for the box/seat combo..... I'd strongly recommend the "WES Ind. Standard" & a set of "passanger foot peds". The WES box will run you around $300'ish, but it's quality is well worth the price. And the passanger pegs will run about $170'ish (These are next on my "wish/want list", but have seen them in person!) We have this box mounted on my wife's 2005 Sportsman 400 and everyone loves it! Seat "cushions" are plush and match the atv's seat and material closely. The seat cushions are held on with straps/push rivets..... and stay on while trailering 70mph down the interstate or 55mph on the highway. The box material is of good quality and overall it is well constructed and styled.

I also have the Kolpin (linked to above in second posting).... mounted on my machine. I got it at out local Fleet Farm store and it was priced fairly cheap at about $$160'ish (on sale - normally $190), but it is a cheap box. Material is okay but a little pouris in nature and the seat "pads" are held on by velcro strips & straps. It works for what it is, but it's not overly appealing or comforitable. Overall styling is boxy and less appealing (at least to me).

I've also read and heard many good things about the Kimplex & Quad Boss box/seat (I think the Quad Boss is a re-branded version of the Kimplex), but have no personal experiance.

If I got to do the Kolpin box purchase again..... I'd get another WES Ind. for sure..... or try out a Kimplex.

When your serious...... look up "Thor" a member here & owner of the ATVSuperstore.com. He'll hook you up with great service and a good price! http://www.theatvsuperstore.com/

Note: I have a couple pictures of each (WES & Kolpin) in my picture album.

·
Registered
94 Posts
I have a moose version of the WES box....worked great while the kids are small....they have their own quads now
Depending on where you are located...I was planning on putting mine on Craigslist.... PM me, maybe we can work something out.
I'm in upstate NY

1 - 7 of 7 Posts