Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright guys hi! Jake here, not new to offload but new to quads. Have a yz450f dirt bike and pick up a predator 500 2003 for good price. The thing is beautiful and runs very good. Problem tho.. When I have the idle real low it will rev up and down normal, I turn the idle up higher to where it should be and it hangs after throttle like along time! Weird thing here I shake the bike and it goes down to normal? It also will stall under hard braking or down hill clutch in. I'm checking for air leaks tomorrow but here's my guesses. Lean pilot or float level or fuel pump... But I need some input here, I have checked throttle is not sticking it is a brand new carb on it I don knowing its a cheaply or oem. Thanks!

·
Registered
214 Posts
Welcome to the Forum. Someone will be along shortly that may be able to help you.

·
Registered
526 Posts
Some of it does sound like a float too high.

We got our first ATV (2001 Magnum 325) that was running at the time and then about three months later found a much nicer 2002 Magnum 325 except for the blown engine due to a blown oil cooler line but at parts price.

The thing that stuck me about our old Polaris machine is that often a problem can be three layers deep. Getting into something else for a few days seems to help me refocus. :)

·
Premium Member
20,001 Posts
Welcome to the board!

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Welcome to the forums!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts