Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I figured that since I have posted elsewhere on the forum I should probably post here. I am just getting into riding. Went out with a couple friends last fall and got hooked. I found a great deal on an '09 Sportsman 500 HO, but due to my days off I haven't had anyone to ride with so I haven't been out much.

So the question: Does anyone know of any rider groups in Southeast Washington State? I have looked around a little bit and haven't found any nearby. Anyone else on here near the Tri-Cities?

·
Registered
10 Posts
TPops1025: You'll find out that the horsie crowd has closed most of Washington state's trails to motorized vehicles. They have a lot of "horsepower" with the state legislators. But, of course, no state is as death to off-road vehicles as California. So, I recommend that you Google an off-road organization, join, and contribute money; otherwise, you will soon be restricted to riding your quad in the parking lot. wagonrd

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Wagonrd. Looking around on the net I have noticed that the trails in Washington are few and far between. It seems like I am right in the middle of all of them even reasonably near me. There is the Juniper Dunes which are fun to play in just a little ways away, but I am wanting to do some trail riding in the hills.

·
Registered
134 Posts
I used to live in Pomeroy. I know that's a couple hour drive but there seemed to be a lot of riders in the blue mountains on the forest service roads. I haven't lived in Washington for over 10 years now so not sure what the state laws are anymore. I remember it was a lot of fun back in the day, but like some of the other posts said WA has really become a tree hugged state. Good luck.

·
Premium Member
20,001 Posts
Welcome to the board!

·
Registered
377 Posts
If you don't mind the drive, there's an ATV club called Dirt Church (www.dcatv.com) based in Cougar, WA. Their favorite place to ride is Nicolai Mountain, very near Clatskanie, OR.
It's muddy challenging mountain trail stuff.

There's a lot of good stuff up by Yakima, Ahtanum area.

There's also some really good stuff in Sumpter, OR. Bit of a trek but worth it.

Oregon is probably your best friend, really. They seem to appreciate the revenue that ORV activities bring. You'll need a safety card, but they're easy to get and OR is a reciprocity state so you don't have to buy extra tags.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts