Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Heys guys I'm new to this forum. I have been on the High Lifter forum for a while but with this paritcular problem I havent got an answer on there. Heres the deal. I just installed a QSC mud pro clutch kit on my 2010 850. It has a 2400 rpm stall on it. I finally got some good riding time on it this past weekend and when I got back sunday i noticed something. When I now put it in gear on flat ground the bike will begin to roll by itself at idle. It does this in low and reverse. I have had mud/water in my belt housing before I snorkeled it. Could the one way bearing in the primary clutch be going out?? I havent had a chance to brake it down yet but i was hoping I could get an idea of what to look for before i did.

·
Super Moderator
6,952 Posts
Have you checked your belt good? If you put a flat spot in it, that can cause it to creep on you.

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Welcome to the forum!! It could be the clutches are dirty & need cleaning.
If you get a new belt be sure to clean them too!

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
Seems the common problem for creeping is the belt. Some have expressed having an issue when using certain aftermarket belts. I would try a new belt. It's not like its a waste of money if that isn't it, you will use the belt eventually.

·
Registered
168 Posts
If you installed the spacer & spring in the primary clutch from QSC, take the spacer out. It will cause the bike to creep a tad. I have the exact same kit in my wifes Sportsman and I have the spacer, Adam mentioned if it creeps that I should remove the spacer. I have been to busy to removing. So yeah, mine does the exact same thing as yours.
When I did the QSC kit, I cleaned/deglazed the clutches & installed a new OEM belt.

I will let you know this week when I get some time to remove the spacer if the creep has def. been eliminated.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for all the reply guys! I going to go buy a new belt today. Hopefully tomorrow or this weekend I will get to break it down and clean them good and see if that works for me bc like I said I covered them in mud/water pretty good before. I will let you guys know if that fixes it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts