Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all!!

I just picked up a new 2013 Polaris Scrambler 850 this afternoon, so I figured it made sense to join this forum. I'm going to go off a limb here, but I'm betting there's a lot to be learned from everyone on here.

Im brand new to Polaris--been a Yamaha Grizzly fan for years, and almost bought a new one of those, but the Scrambler was just too damn bad ass to pass up. Im hoping I made the right choice….to be honest Im very nervous. My experience with Yamaha has been that they're essentially the most bullet proof ATVs on the planet. I have no experience w/ Polaris, but I'm hoping they're just as rugged.

I got to put about 45 minutes on it this afternoon. All I can say is, damn!! POWER!!

Any tips on break in, maintenance, etc would be appreciated!!

·
Premium Member
20,001 Posts
Welcome to the board. :med:

·
Registered
326 Posts
For break in vary the throttle when riding and dont be hard on the throttle just take it easy the first 25 hours. When it gets to 25 hours change oil and filter and then after you can drive it how ever you want. For maintance. Be sure to grease the suspension bushings often becuase they are notorios for wearing fast. Also ball joints are famous for wearing. I have 600 miles on my 850 and ball joints are still good. I have been injecting grease throigh the boot with a grease gun needle.

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Welcome to the forums!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts