Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, new to the forum and ATV's in general. Picked up an 03 Magnum 330, back in late October. Have ridden motorcycles for years until I was hit by a SUV and spent a few days in the ICU. Picked up the wheeler for 2 reasons, to clear the driveway because there was no way that I would be able to shovel this winter and because the kids weren't too keen on Dad getting back on a bike again. Bike was owned by a 55-60 yr old man that happened to replace almost everything on it. He had a laundry list of work that had been done and receipts to back it up. Bike works well, only issue so far is a couple indicator bulbs are burnt out on the gear indicator. Trying to pick up a few of those bulbs just give it a good once over for my peace of mind. Any advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Very impressed with this bikes plowing though.

my own peace of mind.

·
Premium Member
3,919 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Sorry about the ICU thing that kinda sucks. Looks like a pretty nice machine, especially for the age. First thing with the 325 and 330 engines is probably an oil and filter change along with checking and changing all the other fluids. Hubs usually get neglected and clean fluid is important there.
As for other things....Check and monitor your oil cooler hoses. After I blew an oil cooler line on one of my 325 machines and smoked an engine, I found that 2004 and later 330 machines had an upgrade to the oil cooler lines. I had to swap out the oil cooler and get a harness extension but the kit for the lines changed both lines between the engine and oil cooler from rubber to braided with a compression fitting. My 325 had 2 different size hoses and only one was available.

My son in law has one of my 325 machines for their property and I still use the other one around here. I did plow with it for a long time, but that one went to son in law. Very dependable machines....

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey thanks. I read about the oil cooler lines being a weak point. I recently did an oil and filter change. I will check out the hubs for sure. Foot brake seems a little non existent on it. He pads were recently done on it don’t know if it just needs to be bled or if the caliper needs a rebuild. I am decently handy doing most things on our vehicles(brakes, ball joints, link kits etc) so I should be able to do most of the work. I did find a leak around the oil filter so I changed it. Leak is gone. I dumped some sea foam in the gas tank. I added some mirrors to it too. Hopefully I will get out on it soon I may pick up another for the wife. Who knows.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts