Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all new to the community here! Looks like a great place to get help with issues and just generally talk about quads. I inherited a 2005 (I think) Sportsman 600. First utility ATV I've ever owned and first Polaris. Kind of a barn find and she's pretty rough but I got it started today and so far just seems to be minor issues other than it shifting into hear really hard. Well anyway here's a picture of the old girl.

·
Registered
19’ 850SP Camo. MtAiry Maryland
490 Posts
welcome! Glad to have you here. There are quite a few experts here, awesome guys, always willing to help with repair questions.

·
Registered
2007 Sportsman 700 Twin EFI
19 Posts
welcome, I just finally finished reviving my 07 700 due to a lot of the info I found here.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Welcome. im no expert but i can tell... your problum is your going to need two more tires lol
Haha that was step one! The tires are shot but I work at a tire shop so I just put tubes in them for the time being I hadn't got it running yet and wanted to just make sure it was worth putting money into!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Update: Hard shifting is fixed. The little range selector switch was frozen. Once I freed it up it shifts like butter now! Cleaned the carb today all I need now are new tires and a donut gasket!

·
Registered
2007 Sportsman 700 Twin EFI
19 Posts
It was literally a barn find I had to move a fire engine and a bunch of other machines to get it out!
sometimes an old barn find ends up being the best find! good luck with the fix up bro.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts