Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi,

I just upgraded from a 2000 Trailboss to a 2007 Sportsman 500 EFI Deluxe(picked it up this week). I also used to own an Xplorer 400 4x4.

Several of my friends all own Sportsman's and I was always jealous of the independent rear suspension and extra HP. Im very happy with the new machine even though it needs a little TLC. It has a broken rear trunk door, and a small tear one rear CV boot. Ill be getting the boot replaced and I will probably have the dealer do a full service on it. I purchased a used replacement trunk on ebay that should arrive soon. Im excited about the new machine, overall it looks pretty clean.

I eventually plan on getting some new shoes for her when I get some extra coin. The tread is worn down pretty good on the fronts. If anyone has suggestions on affordable tires or recommendations on things to look for with my machine feel free to let me know.

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
Welcome to the forum! It looks like a very nice machine. I suggest a winch along with new shoes.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks,
I will probably add a winch at some point and maybe a gun rack too. I may also add a rear bumper and maybe a front bumper/brush guard.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think Ill probably add some black hand guards too.

One other thing that seems really popular in the Tacoma truck forum(I own an 05 Tacoma) is a lot of members like to black out the rims. I may try this with the rims on the wheeler.

·
Premium Member
20,001 Posts
Welcome to the board!:med:

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
Brush guard/bumper

Thanks,
I will probably add a winch at some point and maybe a gun rack too. I may also add a rear bumper and maybe a front bumper/brush guard.
Good idea, just got a front brush guard from Super Atv. Its the double tube bumper. Just waiting for a little warmer temp so I won't freeze while installing it in the garage. Blacking out your rims should look tough, thought about doing the same to mine.

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
Welcome aboard! Nice looking quad! There is a thread on here with pictures by a guy who blacked out his rims. Check it out, they turned out great.

·
Registered
51 Posts

One other thing that seems really popular in the Tacoma truck forum(I own an 05 Tacoma) is a lot of members like to black out the rims. I may try this with the rims on the wheeler.
Welcome to this great forum.I own a 05 Tacoma also and I like the black rim look on my 13 sportsman.She fits nice and snug in my Tacoma also.
Nice machine you have there,I like those sharp aluminum rims just the way they are.

Attachments

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

Welcome to this great forum.I own a 05 Tacoma also and I like the black rim look on my 13 sportsman.She fits nice and snug in my Tacoma also.
Nice machine you have there,I like those sharp aluminum rims just the way they are.
Nice! Good to know it will fit in the back of the Tacoma. I used to squeeze my old Polaris Xplorer in the back of my 99 Tacoma. It was tight and I was lucky to never bang into my back window after climbing over the wheel wells. I borrowed a friends trailer to get the new Sportsman home.

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Welcome to the forums!

·
Registered
1,097 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
So when I purchased this Sportsman the trunk door was missing and the hinge points had broken. So I opted for a used replacement. I had to remove the rear fender and rack. It was not that difficult, just time consuming. Just be careful with those little plastic fasteners as they can break easily. I also installed a Battery Tender Jr quick connect lead. So now when she is parked I can be sure the battery is fully charged.

Attachments

1 - 13 of 13 Posts