Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok here we go! I have an 08 X2 700 E.F.I.
Part 1. Does any one know where I can get my hands on a block heater? I have tried my polaris dealer.They said Polaris dose not make one anymore,:wtf: the only one they have is for the 500 and it is an inline type:yuck: not a block heater. May be some of you with Rangers can help as well!
Part 2. Has any one had problems with the rear suspension making noise a lot of noise, and is this common for the X2? If so how did you fix it? I have taken it to the dealer for a trans noise that is almost a grinding sound and is this also common for the Sportsman? The service guys say that the noise in the trans is the chain slapping in the case.
P.S. How do I use the spell check?

·
Registered
555 Posts
Can't help you with the heater... I have the inline one (on a 500) and it works fine. You can buy an automotive type blanket heater and try that.

Common for suspension noise on ATV's. If you have grease fittings... grease them. If not, try some Dupont Teflon/Silicone spray. If neither work, some bushings are probably shot.

A "grinding" noise is not normal. If the chain is slapping that bad, eventually it will stop... and so will the ATV. Get another dealers opinion if possible.

Get a web browser with a built in spell checker, or one that has an add-on checker. I recommend FireFox.

·
Premium Member
20,001 Posts
And welcome to the board!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts