Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased a 850xp!! I was originally looking at a 700 Limited edition grizzly but here in over priced Canada, the dealer was firm at $11,200!!!! I could have bought one from the U.S for $8,200 but it is illegal for the dealers to sell new ATV's to Canadians!!! So much for free trade, lol!!!
Anyway, after doing some research on the Yammi forums, many of them ride with XP guys & say that they recommend the XP Polaris!
Went down to my local Polaris dealer & he gave me an awesome deal on a limited edition xp, $2,500 less than the grizz after taxes in!!
Went for my first ride today, eeeeeehaaaaa, she's one awesome machine!!!!
The ride is incredible, the EPS is simply awesome!!!!
The power after half throttle is arm stretching but from zero to half throttle seems a little sluggish, is this because it needs to be broken in or is there away to make it more responsive?
Also, looking to up grade the tires, any recommendations, size/type?
Thanks & happy to be a part of your site, :):veryhappy:

·
Registered
2,846 Posts
Congrats & welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
5,753 Posts
Welcome! Sounds like you got a great deal. There is a reduced power time programmed into them, but the soft stock clutching is still there when done. A clutch kit will really help the bottom and improve the mid too, but don't do that till you know what tires you are going to run or you may be changing more clutch parts later. Unless it's going to be a while on tires, then it might be worth it to you to change a spring for $40 later.

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
^ what this guys said lol

Clutch kits wake these things up, im waiting to do one based on what i do for tires in the spring

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Welcome! Sounds like you got a great deal. There is a reduced power time programmed into them, but the soft stock clutching is still there when done. A clutch kit will really help the bottom and improve the mid too, but don't do that till you know what tires you are going to run or you may be changing more clutch parts later. Unless it's going to be a while on tires, then it might be worth it to you to change a spring for $40 later.
Thanks Ridinagain! I think I am only going to go up to "27inchers, not sure what tire though, was thinking maybe Swamplight radials???
You are right though, I will wait until it is fully broke in & tires are on before I install a clutch kit.
Thanks Corbettchild for the welcome, looking forward to conversing on this site :cowboy:

·
Registered
3,230 Posts
You are going to love the 850.

I can't wait to try mine this winter with the efi.

·
Registered
460 Posts
I agree...I love my 850. I would still buy it, even if I had it all to do over again.

I love my honda's, but...

I let my best friend ride my 850 some this weekend and I rode his Rubicon and let me tell you...after the switch we both agreed that there is no comparison!

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ya I was really excited to get my new Polaris but after reading all the shitty weld issues on mbobbies post it kinda took the wind out of my sail:disappointed::disappointed:

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
Ya I was really excited to get my new Polaris but after reading all the shitty weld issues on mbobbies post it kinda took the wind out of my sail:disappointed::disappointed:
What you don't read is all the people who drive them that don't have any cracks in the frame. Again your mileage may vary with riding style.

·
Registered
125 Posts
They are programmed to have reduced power during the break in?

·
Registered
460 Posts
It's already been said, but you don't hear about the masses that don't have trouble.

They are programmed to have reduced power during the break in?
I don't think so either, but I am not saying it is impossible...just unlikely IMO!

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thoroughly checked the welds on the control arms, they seem visually good & hopefully they have penetrated the metal enough.
I am sure Yamaha, AC, Honda, Can-Am etc have experienced from time to time some bad, weak welds also.
Time to get back to enjoying my new ride, yeeeehaaaa!!!!

·
Registered
460 Posts
Thoroughly checked the welds on the control arms, they seem visually good & hopefully they have penetrated the metal enough.
I am sure Yamaha, AC, Honda, Can-Am etc have experienced from time to time some bad, weak welds also.
Time to get back to enjoying my new ride, yeeeehaaaa!!!!
Just take a look at stuff like that every once in a while...I do a quick visual inspection of the machine when I change my oil!

·
Registered
30 Posts
congratulations and welcome

·
Registered
460 Posts
Ridinagain...Anything is possible, but I sure can't tell a power difference! Like you said though...only the engineers would know this type of thing!

·
Registered
593 Posts
Your going to really like it after break in, when you can really ride it, the wife and I both have an 850 EOS, love them, haven't had any real issues, check the welds, bushings, ball joints and grease the zerts every couple of rides, so far so good. For the power they have they are a little sluggish on take off when you stab the throttle, I'm going to try a QSC clutch kit on mine and see what that does.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks, have to wait until its broke in to see it's full potential. I was thinking of changing the primary spring to one that is a little stiffer at the beginning of the compression ratio. Should help by not allowing it to shift out as quick, keep it in a lower gear so to speak.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts