Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to me.....99 Polaris trailblazer 250 Carb leaking (Unless valved out) constantly, even while riding. through Overflow tube. The tube has a T fitting halfway down the length that is open on the side and has a small plastic disk on the lowest end. What is that ? will disassemble the carb and soak in carb cleaner in a day or so. Anything "goofy" about taking this apart?

:hmmm:
Thanks Grady

·
Registered
593 Posts
I vote for stuck or incorrectly adjusted float. If it's just stuck, you can take a screwdriver handle and try tapping on the bowl and it may pop back up, but if it does fix it, I'd still take it off and clean and check it.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
'Preciate it. Pretty straight forward. Any idea what that plastic disk filter looking thing on the end of the overflow tube is supposed to be? I knew this thing had a problem or two when I got it, but basically very sound. Carb is soaking now . I'll get it back together this afternoon and go from there. Hopefully kit not needed, that can't happen for a week or two!

·
Registered
4,629 Posts
'Preciate it. Pretty straight forward. Any idea what that plastic disk filter looking thing on the end of the overflow tube is supposed to be? I knew this thing had a problem or two when I got it, but basically very sound. Carb is soaking now . I'll get it back together this afternoon and go from there. Hopefully kit not needed, that can't happen for a week or two!
Pretty sure it's a one way valve.

Rather be riding, instead I'm using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts