Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello folks. First post here but I have a question. My new wheels and tires arrived from KJ Motorsports and they look fantastic on the bike. However, even with the 4+3 offset wheels, the 27x10x12 Kenda Executioner tires are VERY close to rubbing the tie rod. It was my understanding that the offset of the wheels would cover it but now I’m questioning it. I guess the wider tire throws off things. Please see pics and tell me what you’d do. 1/4 spacer or just leave it be?

Any help or input is welcome!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
7,473 Posts
4+3 covers 9" wide fronts. The tires do look pretty close to the TRE's. How far away would you say they are?? Hard to tell from the pic.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It’s hard to say. The atv isn’t nearby so I’ll have to take a measurement the next time I’m at it. It doesn’t rub when driving around the yard, but I’m worried about heavy suspension travel when on a trail.

·
Premium Member
7,473 Posts
If it isn't contacting I wouldn't be TO concerned. But for me 1/4" would put me at ease. Anything less, then a 1/4" spacer is what I would use.

·
Registered
277 Posts
When you load the 4 wheeler up with weight, only the bottom of the tire will bulge out, But riding through mud and debris might stick to the tire and cause abrasion problems, that being said, I would ride it like normal, and check for wear.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts