Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 05 sportsman 500. What is a good agressive wheel and tire set up without any rubbing? Post pics of some if you would like..
Thanks.

·
Registered
2,352 Posts
bearclaws

·
Registered
563 Posts
You probably want to go with ITP wheels.They have a warranty if you would happen to break one.Do you want an aggressive tire for mostly mud or a tire for trail riding and an occasional mud hole?

·
Registered
563 Posts
There are several tires that come to mind.Do you plan to run 25 or 26 inch tires?The Bearclaws like 4getful says are ok.My choice would be ITP Mudlites for trail/mud/snow or The Maxxis Bighorn's which last a long time and are good for trail riding but not very good in deep mud.Or if you want a radial tire then you might want to look at the ITP XTR's which is a good all around tire.Maybe check out the new Pitbull tires also.The list can go on and on and it can be a pain in the butt trying to decide what you want lol.

·
Registered
563 Posts
Yes 26's work fine and several tire choices in that size lol.My 07 Sportsman 500 had 26's on it from the factory.2005 & 2007 are basically the same I think.I had 27 inch ITP 589 M/S tires and 14" ITP SS212 rims on it also without a lift kit and still had room for 28's,but if you go bigger than 26 I would suggest a clutch kit or it may need a belt before too long.Keep the tire weight in mind if you go bigger than 26 also.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
ive been looking for tires myself and the bearclaws are what im thinking of getting for my 800, there only about 80 $ at rockymountain atv. the other thing is how much do you want to spend. I got itp xtr 27 inch for my 850 xp. awsome tire but there 120 $ a tire though. like slider said its a tough decision

1 - 8 of 8 Posts