Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,
Long time reader of this site, been saving and finally buying my quad tomorrow. Money is an issue, have done a ton of research and decided on the sportsman 500. Have a 1000 ft gravel driveway so getting a warn winch with plow set-up, don't want the polaris plow but my dealer has moose and cycle country in stock. Any preference out there? Should I go with the quick attach systems?

·
Registered
269 Posts
Welcome, I got my first quad in April. Could not be more pleased with the 500 HO. I'm sure you are going to love it. Don't know what your dealer is charging you for the winch/plow setup, but I am happy with my KFI winch kit ( less than $290.00 delivered) & the Viper plow setup ($399.98 delivered). The plow is not a "quick attach", but I find I can hook the plow to the plow mount in less than a minute using a drift pin. Had to do the install myself on both-but I enjoy working on my toys. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
665 Posts
I'm not sure on your specific questions about plows, but as far as the winches go, I have found some info on these boards that the superwinch is greater than or equal to the warns and a lot cheaper. I got the superwinch 3500 lb synthetic rope on amazon for 240, and just ordered the winch plate from promarkoffroad.com for $50 free shipping.

(I just picked up my 2012 red sportsman 500 on tuesday, and have been ordering accessories this week! )

Good luck.

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
Welcome!

I have a mid mount Moose plow for my bike.

·
Super Moderator
6,952 Posts
Cycle Country plow here. Works fine.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I just got a scratch and dent 54" plow from motoalliance for $300. Still not sure why it's a scratch and dent. just a couple of scuffs that didnt' even make it to bare metal. I've heard both good and bad things. Mainly the bad is about instructions but if you're the slightest bit mechanically inclined you shouldn't need any! I had it together in less than an hour. It was really simple. And I was quite impressed on how stout the plow seems to be. I also got their snow winch but haven't hooked it up yet to try it out. Cost me $550 to the door.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts