Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy all:

I just bought a 2008 700 EFI X2 and want to put some heated grips on it. I have done lots of this type of tinkering, but must admit that this is my first ATV.

Is there a "really great power supply" for heated grips? Terminal block or accessory location on the switch?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated - moving on to the winch over the weekend.

Thanks-

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Got it figured out - it was very easy to splice into the 12v accessory plug wiring. All set.

·
Premium Member
20,001 Posts
Welcome to the board!:med:

·
Registered
118 Posts
I wire mine into the Cig lighter wiring because it's switched by the ignition. Has always worked for me on all my older bikes. My wife's new xp had heated grips installed by the dealer, so I couldn't say what they tapped into.. It is key activates though.

Sent from my highly abused iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,753 Posts
There are switched power taps in the headlight pod. Depending on the model year they are typically red or orange and have a spade connector on the end of them. They you don't hae to cut and splice existing wires.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Ridinagain:
I figured that there would be some taps - but am always short on patience... Pretty happy with the way things turned out; the guys at Shadetree (Big Lake) took nice care of me and for about $50, I have new Scott grips and heaters underneath.

I used a fender washer and drilled it out for switch and then put it in the second accessory spot - looks pretty clean!

·
Registered
5,753 Posts
The guys over there are pretty good. Glad you go tit worked out, and I totally understand the patience thing. I don't have any for my stuff either!

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Welcome to the forums!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts