Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey people, Ben here and I'm about to pull the trigger my friend's friend 2005 Polaris sportsman 500. She's pretty decent and well cared but traveled a lot so I wanna make sure I will get it at good deal. Joined here to learn more, so far thread and topics are very useful.

·
Premium Member
20,001 Posts
Welcome to the board!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hey people, Ben here and I'm about to pull the trigger my friend's friend 2005 Polaris sportsman 500. She's pretty decent and well cared but traveled a lot so I wanna make sure I will get it at good deal. Joined here to learn more, so far thread and topics are very useful.
It's quite a coincidence you posted this. I am new to the boards also and was coming here looking for tips, advice or whatever. I just bought an 05 Sportsman 500 HO last night(3/16/14). It is in good shape with exactly 1111 miles on it, The plastics are a bit banged up but that is to be expected from a machine that is almost 10 yrs old. It does need a new front rim though. I paid 3000 for it. It seems to run strong with no noises that seem odd, and it doesn't smoke. I like so far, I only rode for a bit this morning, but I hope to enjoy it for years to come. Good luck.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey Cole518er, glad to hear you immediately had great time with your new ride. Sorry I'm terrible at getting back to the board. It takes 15 days before we purchased her, she has 3400+ miles on her and just reconditioned with new parts for $2,400 and we are all happy. She's running perfectly and just right buddy for our trailing and fishing.

·
Registered
2,846 Posts
Welcome to the forum sportsmanrider & Cole518er!

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
Welcome to the forums guys. Have fun on those 500s....they are GREAT machines! : )

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts