Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2009 Sportsman. I was under the seat yesterday and noticed this flopping around. Can anyone tell me what this is and if it is okay in its present state? If not, what to do and how to do it...

Thanks in advance

WP_20150215_11_02_44_Pro.jpg

WP_20150215_11_03_18_Pro.jpg

·
Registered
158 Posts
Welcome aboard
If you are talking about the black tube looking thing with the screw on the end of it, that is your idle adjustment screw. Which is #23 on the diagram off this link/ Also that is its hangar which it sets in #22 on diagram. That bolts in the bottom of your carb with #5 Look at the following link to coincide with the numbers and exploded view of carb. I would suggest to get a service manual for the year and model you own. Best $20 or less you will spend.

Polaris ATV Parts 2009 A09MH50AS-AX-AZ SPORTSMAN 500 HO ENGINE, CARBURETOR, LOWER Diagram

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
juanv1966, Thanks for the speedy reply and the useful information. I'll be sure to look for the manual. I'm not to worried about an adjustment screw, but will try to fix it anyway.

·
Registered
158 Posts
If the hangar is broken, just zip tie it or wire it so it doesn't rattle on anything for now. Just make sure the screw on the bottom of the carb is still in is still in and tight. the hangar was held in by that screw. That screw is one of two that hold your bottom of the carb on.. Have fun riding:biglaugh:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts