Reactions: Sportsman23

·
Registered
601 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Just doing the intro thing. Nice meeting ya al!
About to purchase a barely used 2017 Sportsman in 2 days.
Have owned a ton of sleds all of my lifetime, but this is my first ATV purchase.
Just spent half a day riding private trails on the 60 acres my buddy owns on a local mountain ( on one of his machines) and was bitten by the ATV bug!
The nearly new Sportsman, has 98 miles / 68.7 miles original owner.
---------------------------------------------
Many upgrades, including:
Upgraded rims and tires
Clutch kit
Hand warmers
LED bar, and all LED bulbs
Front and rear rails
Front and rear brush guards
HMF exaust
Polaris 2500LB Winch
Heavy duty Polaris front shocks
K&N air filter
Orange aluminum gas cap
This and that :)
-----------------------------------------------
Looking forward to the fall riding season approaching fast!
View attachment 156442
I bought a 2005 Sportsman. First time owning a Polaris ATV. Basically I learned: 1. Don't power shift from F to R. 2. If you have a reverse override 4wheel drive button find it and use it. 3. Always make sure the the key is off AND the kill or open thumb switch is left or right. PS: Beautiful machine don't scratch it ! 😄

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
I bought a 2005 Sportsman. First time owning a Polaris ATV. Basically I learned: 1. Don't power shift from F to R. 2. If you have a reverse override 4wheel drive button find it and use it. 3. Always make sure the the key is off AND the kill or open thumb switch is left or right. PS: Beautiful machine don't scratch it ! 😄
Power shift huh?
I mean I would for sure not think that would be a good plan... lol :)
Thanks, I am sure it will get plenty of scratches with use. I am pretty good with keeping everything I own in great cosmetic shape for future resale.
I have to work on the other part.
Doing all the mechanical things and services as it needs it.
Really much more important..

·
Premium Member
2008 800 ho efi, 2019 850 SP premium
8,614 Posts
Font Line Window Pattern Automotive exterior
to the forum
Ball Automotive lighting Vehicle registration plate Font Gas

·
Premium Member
2008 800 ho efi, 2019 850 SP premium
8,614 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,615 Posts
Thats what I call an XP because it's on the XP chassis which is the 550s, 850s, and 1ks Sportsmans and Scramblers '09 to the present.

·
Premium Member
12,615 Posts
Only thing that a recall was maybe an issue was some cam wear. But thats just the internet talking. They are really good machines. But with ALL Polaris's they require lots of TLC!!!!!!! PM is your BFF!!!!!!! Grease and oil on the regular is the prescription to trouble free riding. FYI p/u a 44mm wheel bearing greaser, some of the best money you can spend for that 550!!

·
Registered
601 Posts
Welcome.
Only place to be...i tried a few Facebook groups and....this is the only place to be.

·
Premium Member
12,615 Posts
Welcome.
Only place to be...i tried a few Facebook groups and....this is the only place to be.
Doc 100000000000000000000000000000% AGREE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! There are some real knuckle heads on FB, thats saying it politically correct!!!!!!!!! That goes for all the wheeler pages I follow for that matter.

21 - 39 of 39 Posts