Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all. Just joined the forum and looking forward to all the info and laughs I'm sure will come from being a member. I don't have a quad right now but should be purchasing one in a few months. My last quad was a 2004 Honda Rubicon. I'm looking at getting a 850XP for myself and a 500 HO for the wife. Planning on doing alot of rock crawling around Coal Creek and was wondering if the 500 HO for the wife has the same ADC and engine braking that the 850 XP does? The Polaris site just lists it as an accessory on the 500 HO. I love the way my old Rubicon would creep down a rock strewn trail and want the same kind of performance from my new rig, especially for the wife.

Also wondering what kind of financing Polaris offers and if buying two quads at a time should get me a better deal at the dealer? Thanks for all the help.

·
Premium Member
20,001 Posts
Welcome to the board!

·
Registered
563 Posts
Sportsman 500 have a pull start but no kick start.The 2009 Sportsman 500 EFI does have EBS and ADC as standard equipment.The 500 HO(carb) does not have ADC and EBS will cost extra.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hello, nursebud. I am not sure about the EBS on the newer 500 sportsman's but from experience on my 2002 HO 500, and my dads 2006 800, the 800 is WAY better with EBS. The 500 has it but, at least on mine, it is barley noticeable and you will be on the brakes pretty much just as much as if you didn't have EBS. As for the 800, you can go down a 30˚ hill no problem with no brakes...

Just thought i would through this out there, and i certainly don't mean for it to start any forum war of any kind but in my opinion and from experience buying a new quad is a COMPLETE waste of money. I would buy a used quad over a new one any day. Think about it, you spend 2 or 3 thousand more to get a new quad, ride it once, and its used. Why waste the money? Hope this helps!

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
welcome to the forum

·
Registered
814 Posts
Welcome to the site

·
Registered
517 Posts
welcome!