Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
hey guys! im from kansas and new to this forum. i have a few questions that are dumb and probably obvious but i need answered if yall dont mind. first of all, i just purchased a 1996 (i think) scrambler 400 4x4 at an auction and was wondering how the fuel and premix system worked? im new with 2 strokes....another thing, i was riding it around and all the sudden it randomly cuts out and died, it did this a few times before but i cant get it to start now..

·
Registered
8 Posts
New Scrambler Owner

Well it could be many things but check your ETC switch at the throttle on the handelbar. When it quits and won't refire turn it all the way off and then try again if it restarts then its more then likley the ETC switch.If your throttle cable is to loose or way out of adjustment it will shut it down as it is a safety device.After that you move to fuel or other electrical connections. Also your machine looks like my 97 as far as the oil and fuel I run only Hightest and AmZoil Synthetic interceptor oil these machines are oil injected so there should be no pre mixing required. A great little machine very capable off road and pretty fast 65 to 70 box stock. hope this helps.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
awesome thank you! so i just put the oil in the resevore up front and regular gas in the tank in front of the seat? (sorry for the stupid questions just dont wanna scew it up..)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts