Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
hey I'm new to his hole quad thing and just bought a scrambler 400 2 stroke 1999 my name is Dan and was just wondering if anyone has advice on the quad what they think of them, and if there good for trail riding? Also how to silence it I think the muffler is hollowed? thank you and looking forward to riding and learning.

·
Premium Member
20,001 Posts
Welcome to the board!

·
Registered
7,469 Posts
take a look around the forum. Post your questions in the right spots and they will get answered quicker.

Welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
4 Posts
scrambler 400

I have a 1997 400 2 stroke. I'm really happy with it. The only thing I suggest doing is doing a block off kit on the oil injector. The injector is a flaw in the quad in my opinion. I just did a motor in my scrambler due to the oil injector. Lucky I was in my neighbor hood when it blew up and not out on a trail somewhere. You free up a little bit of horse power when you this and know your motor is getting the oil it need when you premix the fuel.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks and I will look around the forum as well to post and ask question just trying to figure it out still. What do you mean by a block off kit?? Also how do you like it on the trails?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Your oil injection system had the tank that holds the oil. Then there is a hose that goes from the oil tank and shoots oil into your Into your in tank in front of the carburetor. So your carburetor is set up for regular fuel instead of premix. So the block off kit will come with a new carburetor along with a new throttle cable. The throttle cable that is on the bike now splits into two cables under the gas tank. One cable going to the carburetor and another going to feed the fuel injector which is located on the front part of the motor on the bottom left side. It's real easy to spot with the second cable going to it. So the block off kit comes with a block off plate where the injector currently is. A new carburetor for premixed fuel and a new throttle cable. Far as trail riding goes, the polaris scrambler was made for trail riding.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
oh okay so instead of adding oil and gas just add premixed gas.. awesome I'm going to see how much that is now and look it up thanks.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts