Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello to all you polaris techs out there, im a shade tree mechanic now used to be a service manager at a local polaris dealer. since leaving i have lost my fell for them so i need some help please. i have a 95 425 mag 4x4, it has a bog around half to full throttle and it will not pull itself out of it. you can leave a gap in between the breather tube and your hand of about a .25 to .50 inch and it will open up. i chk the spk plug white, so i raised the needle one clip, turned the mixture screw out about 2 turns. no cracked intake boots, new float needle and seat, correct float level, all carb cleaned. rebuilt the fuel pump, works great, new lines. im stumped ive asked around no one knows. o yeah also done a visual on the cam and rockers look ok. please help me this thing is a true testimony to polaris it was totaled about 5 times from the previous owner and ran fine until my uncle let someone else work on it and now im stuck fixing the screw ups. thanks for the help CB

·
Premium Member
20,001 Posts
First off, welcome to the board!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks

thanks for the welcome the 800 looks great with the headlight mod. i never really appreciated a polaris's ride quality and all the new inovations they had come out with until i went to a polaris test drive where we could drive all the new models and ride the competition. so how long have you been in the mechanic business do you work on a lot of polaris's. have you ever heard of this problem before? thanks for any input that you might have

1 - 3 of 3 Posts