Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have done a small section of the Newfoundland Trailway from Stephenville to Port aux Basques. I was wondering what the rest of it was like and in particular from Badger to Pasedena. What are some good spots for setting up a tent?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,629 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Newfoundland ATV Trip

Just wondering if you ran anymore of the Island besides the sections you mentioned.

I have done a small section of the Newfoundland Trailway from Stephenville to Port aux Basques. I was wondering what the rest of it was like and in particular from Badger to Pasedena. What are some good spots for setting up a tent?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No I have not done anymore of the trail although I plan to some more this summer. I have driven all the way around Red Indian Lake from a spot on the Burgeo Highway.

·
Registered
336 Posts
I bought my wife an ATV this weekend, as I am very much planing a trip there this summer to do the trails, so I'm very much interested in this thread (and the ones linked above).

Newfoundland and Labrador are amazing locations to visit at any time, but am very much looking forward to doing the trails!

We will likely hotel stop it, rather than camp, but any info is good info.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I ride the T'Railway between Pasadena and Howley quite often, and it's very good in terms of condition, and excellent in terms of scenery. Howley to Badger is said to be much the same, but I haven't had the pleasure of riding it yet. There are great spots for tenting just west of Howley, with beautiful sandy beaches and plenty of available firewood. I'm sure there must be other similar spots along that route as well. You should be aware though, the crossing of Junction Brook at Main Dam involves a climb up the rocky, and often slippery east bank - certainly not a challenge for most riders, but keep it in mind. See you on the trails!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts