Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
772 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My next warn plow complaint it's the stupid pins they use on the front mount. Or rather the pin retainers. Did they really expect those pins to stay in there?

Now what do I do that I've lost one of those special pins?

Sent from my Triumph using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
Head to an automotive store buy two of something standard and that looks like it will work..... head home and drill out holes to match new! I don't know what it looks like, got a picture?

·
Registered
772 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nothing like it at the auto parts store. I put a pin in it with a clevis pin and it works but it's allot harder to get in. I called warn and they just directed me to a dealer to buy one. But that dealer was out if stock and it would cost more for shipping than it would the pin. I am not happy with the warn front plow mount. I wish I would have bought something different.

·
Registered
3,096 Posts
That warn is going to fight you all the way isn't it FredBear

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
Love my mid mount. If its using the same type of locking pin try a hardware store.

Sent from my MB886 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
772 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'll take a pic of the pin when I get home. Yes this thing is fighting me but I should say, I do plow allot of snow.

I should have hooked those pins up with a small chain like I thought when I put the darn thing on.

·
Registered
772 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I should say the plow it self is great. But the front mount sucks.

·
Registered
7,469 Posts
would a PTO pin work for you? they have the spring clip that keeps them from backing out. Harbor Fright sells an assortment set for less than $10 and you'll have more than you'll know what to do with, or have uses for. Trust me, I still haven't figured out what all I'm going to use them for.

·
Premium Member
3,843 Posts
The key with the pins to be sure they are snug. I used some washer and that solved the issue. I do agree that the design is lacking talent.

·
Registered
772 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm not sure what a PTO pin is. I'll look it up. I've got to figure something better out.

·
Registered
772 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The key with the pins to be sure they are snug. I used some washer and that solved the issue. I do agree that the design is lacking talent.
Could you explain better or maybe show a pic?

·
Registered
978 Posts
everyone should have taken my advice and ordered a tusk plow from rockeymountainatv.com Got mine for half the price of a warn and love it. Awesome plow i like it better then my warn i had before.

·
Registered
772 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I looked up the PTO pin and it's kind of like that but with a funny bend. You will see when I post a pic. And those won't work. Close but the mount gets in the way.

·
Registered
575 Posts
I've never had problems with mine, it is an odd design they use though

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Just pull that pin out of your tire and stick it back in the hole!!!

·
Registered
772 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
uploadfromtaptalk1387343860221.jpg this is what the original pin looks like. Notice the unique bend in the retaining wire

·
Registered
772 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
uploadfromtaptalk1387343986235.jpg this is the clevis pin I'm using for now. It works but is harder to get in.

·
Registered
7,469 Posts
I'm not seeing how a PTO pin wouldn't work. especially if you used one with round clip. Show pics of the mount please.

·
Registered
772 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
the PTO pin wont work because it's a C channel box and the push tube arm is in the way of the spring clip.

1 - 20 of 64 Posts