Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I recently changed my stock plug (Champion RG6YC) with a NGK Iridium CR8EIX. I can say, the 570 seems to idle a bit smoother with this plug. I can't say or really even tell if there is a performance gain (probably not), but she seems to fire off a tad quicker and idle smoother. Just a FYI for anyone looking to switch plugs.

·
Registered
53 Posts
NGK plug in a 570

Changing to an NGK was almost a necessity when the 570 was launched in the '12 RZR. The EFI was mapped way too lean and it was a backfiring mess. Prior to getting it remapped, I switched to an NGK, and it reduced the backfiring significantly. The remap addressed the rest. This speaks volumes about the performance advantage of the NGK over the Champion.

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Polaris teamed with champion for financial reasons. NGK are great plugs and far superior to champion. I switched immediately to NGK and have none of the fouling issues related to the 850. Champion does make some decent plugs for aircraft but they suck on the cheap end. I just ran the standard NGK but thought about the iridium.

·
Registered
777 Posts
I recently changed my stock plug (Champion RG6YC) with a NGK Iridium CR8EIX. I can say, the 570 seems to idle a bit smoother with this plug. I can't say or really even tell if there is a performance gain (probably not), but she seems to fire off a tad quicker and idle smoother. Just a FYI for anyone looking to switch plugs.
Where did you find the cross info for the NGK plug? I've searched for it but can't find it.

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
Boy.... trying to find the NGK Iridium for the wife's 2005 Sportsman 400 is a bear cat. My local NAPA or O'Riely's didn't have it on hand (BRK5EIX).... had to have them order it in! Just thought I'd try it out to see if it (or a new plug, for that matter) helped the occasional tough / "weak" start.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Did the 2013 550 come with ngk acording the the manual it did

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
I don't have a local Advanced Auto Parts store (they closed after about a year in town)..... ended up finding them at Napa for ~$7(next day), after the local Oreilly's pissed around "trying" to order them for a week and a half.

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
ok good MustBeNice.....I like Napa just they did not have on hand so went to Advanced to check it out....I get my Amsoil from Napa and filters...same price as online...A good parts guy can cross any part for you....

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
I don't have a local Advanced Auto Parts store (they closed after about a year in town)..... ended up finding them at Napa for ~$7(next day), after the local Oreilly's pissed around "trying" to order them for a week and a half.
I have a Napa and Oreily's close to me and Napa is always more helpful as well.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts