Polaris ATV Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks.. My 4wd is suddenly not working.. Took my 2004.5 sportsman 700 through some water ( maybe a foot deep) and suddenly no 4x4.. So the dash icon was coming on for a second or 2, then out..and now no icon whatsoever..nothing.. I am wondering where the power comes from to the handlebar switch. ( fuze, relay?).

I had the front diff apart last month and all was good inside and the 4x4 was working perfect..( untill the water!!)..

I havnt checked power to the diff yet cause i am thinking with no dash icon power would not even be making it down there..correct?

thanks..oli

·
Registered
2007 500x2 le
875 Posts
Hey maybe check connection on the throttle housing on the handle bars ssee if its corroded or loose if that done work follow the wire from the diff up too the plug under the plastic nose cover of ur front fenders and check the connection there I've had a couple vibrate loose enough they won't make a connection

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok.. Dried out for a couple days now and the dash icon is working..lol.. and wheels engage again.. So obviously a connection issue? I will look at the areas you recomended and clean them..

i appreciate the help..cheers

1 - 4 of 4 Posts