Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey yall just got my sprotsman 500 HO and this may be a dumb question in reverse and i dont have the 4x4 can anyone tell me why that is

·
Registered
170 Posts
That's what the big yellow button of death does! And I call it the yellow button of death because it also controls the speed limiter in reverse. Lol try that it should help.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Ya no problem, and look to www.quadovator.com if you want to wire in a switch to have it engaged permanently when you want. It helps when you don't want to keep pushing in the button.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Yea the death button,lol. With a cvt transmission your atv will go 50+ mph in forward and with the death button down it will go 50+ mph in reverse. It is a good safety feature but IMO should not control the 4wd system too. On the new 550's and 850's the 4wd works all the time. It just controls the revlimiter.

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
Yep, you just need to push the yellow button. I try to stay away from it though because I usually end up breaking axles when using it trying to back out of a mud hole. If I can't go through forward, I just get pulled out.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts