Polaris ATV Forum banner

21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
If you wanted a ATV to climb steep hills you sure would want a 1000s and you would want a touring. You sure would not want a 570 with a short wheelbase that would have a hard time getting to the hill. I have always had a large engine because I like to ride in snow ,sand, it also fun to lead .

·
Registered
7,469 Posts
If you wanted a ATV to climb steep hills you sure would want a 1000s and you would want a touring. You sure would not want a 570 with a short wheelbase that would have a hard time getting to the hill. I have always had a large engine because I like to ride in snow ,sand, it also fun to lead .
My Midsize Hawkeye 300 has made it up every hill I've pointed it at with the exception of one poorly judged dune where it sank in the soft sand. It's had a couple sketchy moments where I needed a lot of weight forward over the handlebars, but it made it and didn't need more than it's poultry 17 hp to do so. I've got 0 doubt that a 570, regardless of the wheelbase would have plenty of power to make a climb. but I will agree that the longer wheel base of a 2 up model is definitely more stable on hill climbs.

Reactions: cariboo and bobx2

·
Super Moderator
7,033 Posts
It would seem that some have forgotten that the OP is a female, so she doesn't have the issue of raging testosterone making her think she has to have to biggest, most powerful machine on the trails or else she is somehow less of a rider. :rotflmao: 105 lbs on a 570 compared to 200+ lbs on your big bores. You boys better watch out... :wink

Reactions: cariboo

·
Registered
143 Posts
It would seem that some have forgotten that the OP is a female, so she doesn't have the issue of raging testosterone making her think she has to have to biggest, most powerful machine on the trails or else she is somehow less of a rider. :rotflmao: 105 lbs on a 570 compared to 200+ lbs on your big bores. You boys better watch out... :wink
Your correct about the weight their is a little hill in the St. Anthony's sand dunes called Coke Cherry that I could let a lighter rider ride my machine up. I had to put Nitrous oxide on my Renegade to get up. My 1000s Scrambler goes up it no problem . I don't you could climb it with a 570 with 100LB rider unless it had a Turbo . :devil

·
Registered
7,469 Posts
They also seem to be forgetting that she's a novice rider, and has made no statements about needing to ride up walls or through feet of snow.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Sounds like TS mind was set on the 570 from the get go. Get it and don't look back. No need to fuss about details then

·
Super Moderator
7,033 Posts
Okay, did some house keeping here. We were drifting pretty far off the OP's original topic.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Hello guys. I’ve been looking for an polaris to fit my height-weight. And i checked 570 sportsman and 1000xp’s dimensions , then realized they were almost the same. It goes like this;

Polaris 570 sportsman
2108 x 1219 x 1219

Polaris sportsman 1000cc
2114 x 1209 x 1289

I have questions about these,
I’m 5’’9 and 105 pounds. (Woman), so i dont actually need the most powerful engine and i dont think i can be able to use it anyways. Im just wondering that, if 570cc and 1000cc’s are the same looking vehicles, why are there huge price differences? Just the torque, performance? If cc only means the “engine size” im gonna go for the 570 . But if these dimensions are facts and they are actually looking the same, im not going to consider cc’s and buy the 570. shouldnt 1000cc be bigger? And why are they literally the same? Thanks!
I have both. I just bought a LE 1000 so the wife is moving up to the 570 from her 400. Alhough the two machines are basically the same dimensions there is no comparison in power. For all around riding I believe the SP 570 EPS is the best way to go.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
63 Posts
Hello guys. I’ve been looking for an polaris to fit my height-weight. And i checked 570 sportsman and 1000xp’s dimensions , then realized they were almost the same. It goes like this;

Polaris 570 sportsman
2108 x 1219 x 1219

Polaris sportsman 1000cc
2114 x 1209 x 1289

I’m 5’’9 and 105 pounds. (Woman), so i dont actually need the most powerful engine and i dont think i can be able to use it anyways. Im just wondering that, if 570cc and 1000cc’s are the same looking vehicles, why are there huge price differences? Just the torque, performance? If cc only means the “engine size” im gonna go for the 570 . But if these dimensions are facts and they are actually looking the same, im not going to consider cc’s and buy the 570. shouldnt 1000cc be bigger? And why are they literally the same? Thanks!
Go with the SP570 EPS you won't be disappointed!

·
Registered
143 Posts

Polaris 570 sportsman
2108 x 1219 x 1219

Polaris sportsman 1000cc
2114 x 1209 x 1289

I have both. I just bought a LE 1000 so the wife is moving up to the 570 from her 400. Alhough the two machines are basically the same dimensions there is no comparison in power. For all around riding I believe the SP 570 EPS is the best way to go.

If the 570 was the way to go them why did you get a 1000s . Better not let your better half ride it an feel the smoothness and the lack of heat . Also the narrow center that makes easer to side hill.:crying

·
Registered
10 Posts
Also keep in mind that the 570 is in the 45HP range , This is the same as the comp's 700-800 units, a little shy of the Polaris 800 which was around the 48-50.

For yourself on the 570 I don't feel you will be disappointed. I have one and it is good for what is was bought to do. Sold a sportsman 700 and a sportsman 800 and it fits right in the middle.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Also keep in mind that the 570 is in the 45HP range , This is the same as the comp's 700-800 units, a little shy of the Polaris 800 which was around the 48-50.

For yourself on the 570 I don't feel you will be disappointed. I have one and it is good for what is was bought to do. Sold a sportsman 700 and a sportsman 800 and it fits right in the middle.
The 850 and 1000s have a narrow center that makes them easy to ride also they are cooler to ride . Another advantage they have is the front end because they don't have struts . Before you buy a Value 570 you should ride a 850 and feel the smoothness .:grin

·
Registered
7,469 Posts

The 850 and 1000s have a narrow center that makes them easy to ride also they are cooler to ride . Another advantage they have is the front end because they don't have struts . Before you buy a Value 570 you should ride a 850 and feel the smoothness .:grin
Ergonomic are important. But for me, the narrow center is a bad thing at 6'5" and the long legs that come with it, the wider center is much more comfortable for me. Now, the OP may feel differently at 5'1" but for me the the ergonomics fit better.

As for heat and ride smoothness, you don't see anyone complaining about the ride smoothness of the strut machines they own. Only people claiming that the Dual A-arm front end is better. Which for me, and several other members here has not been proven. More to the point, the dual front A-arm set up has been shown to be both more maintenance, and more prone to failures and damage. Making it the inferior system IMO.

And both the 850's and 1k's have had their own heat issues. melted seats and plastics. They might not have the heat on the leg that the pre 2018 570's had before the recall to add the heat shielding and plastics, but they still have heat issues.

Reactions: bobx2

·
Registered
143 Posts

Ergonomic are important. But for me, the narrow center is a bad thing at 6'5" and the long legs that come with it, the wider center is much more comfortable for me. Now, the OP may feel differently at 5'1" but for me the the ergonomics fit better.

As for heat and ride smoothness, you don't see anyone complaining about the ride smoothness of the strut machines they own. Only people claiming that the Dual A-arm front end is better. Which for me, and several other members here has not been proven. More to the point, the dual front A-arm set up has been shown to be both more maintenance, and more prone to failures and damage. Making it the inferior system IMO.

And both the 850's and 1k's have had their own heat issues. melted seats and plastics. They might not have the heat on the leg that the pre 2018 570's had before the recall to add the heat shielding and plastics, but they still have heat issues.
I don't know any company That isn't getting away from struts and all of Polaris's premium Machines even the premium 570 has went :angel to dual A-Arm. If you like struts so be it . I'm 77 years old and still over 6 feet tall and love not having my hips stretched apart buy a wide center . As for the heat just ride the two side buy side you will want the 850. and as far as smoothness two cylinders are smoother than one.

·
Super Moderator
7,033 Posts
Some folks just don't get it ThorsHammer. Even more speak without the experience to back it up. As you well know, I went from my 850 to my 570, and overall prefer my 570. The 850 was great, but the 570 T has been even better. Everything from ride quality to reliability. However, it does no good trying to convince most folks who think the more you spend and the fancier the name, the better the product... :grin

Reactions: cariboo

·
Registered
143 Posts
So were comparing the ride of a long wheelbase ATV to a short wheelbase is this apples to apples or apples to oranges. The 570s that I have ridden were almost as smooth as the old 800 Polaris and they as hot to ride.

·
Registered
273 Posts
I started out on a 02 500 sportsman. Next machine was a 04.5 600. Then a 07 or 08 800. In 09 when the XP came out we got my wife the 550. The new XP was a TOTAL game changer imo. Much easier steering(none power steering model) way thinner mid section, much better handling, the anti kick back front end was for real too. It truly made going on the trails more enjoyable. There was zero comparison in our minds. I sold my 800 and got a 10 850 because I was so impressed with the wife’s machine. In 2012 we had to sell both quads as we started a business. This past fall we were able to get new quads. There was a 0% chance we would own anything but XP models. I got the 1k and the wife the 850. She really had no need for a 850 but there is no longer the 550 model and she would only own a XP model.
So I have plenty of experience on the strut front end machines compared to the XP chassis and I can’t imagine anyone preferring the strut version. Clearly this is just our opinion and everyone has there own idea of what they prefer.

·
Registered
7,469 Posts
Dslanec,

why not go with the 570 SP for your wife, as it would have everything but the narrower seat? I get it if she's of smaller stature. Just wondering.

·
Registered
143 Posts
The narrow center is a lot more comfortable and cooler to ride for me and I have been ridding for 30 years . I'm 77 years old and 6 feet tall . So when I have to stand I don't want to be bull legged .

·
Registered
273 Posts
Dslanec,

why not go with the 570 SP for your wife, as it would have everything but the narrower seat? I get it if she's of smaller stature. Just wondering.

The biggest issue is she is 5’1” and hates the wide stance of the other Polaris’. Her 1st 2 quads were Kawasaki. But they beat the crap out of you on the trails. Very torquey engines but horrible ride. That’s why she didn’t get a Polaris till the XP chassis came out. And the 570sp is the exact same chassis as the non sp but it just has different front suspension. To us the geometry/useability/feel is much greater on the xp chassis as a total package. More then just saying they both (sp & xp) have dual a arm front suspension. Plus the damn sp model is close to 9 grand! For $1500 price difference the 850sp is a much better buy for us all things considered

Reactions: Battle_Design
21 - 40 of 40 Posts