Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 04 600 twin and the display, the speedometer and 4x4 don't work, can anyone help me with this.
thanks

·
Registered
421 Posts
hi.
dose the wheeler start on its own? check the fuses if there are any? what happend prior to the display not working? but the awd and other things run from the speedometer, and if it dont work nothing else will. it might just be the speedometer thst it took a crap.

chuck

·
Registered
76 Posts
my speedometer works but the awd drive does not engage. I am looking for help also
First I would change the front dif oil and make sure you use the right oil. They are real fussy about what oil is in there and that it is clean. Is the indicator light coming on?

·
Registered
71 Posts
if the light is not coming on (awd)check the connection on the handlebars,i have a lock and ride windshield and some times putting it on will dislodge the awd switch.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I have the same problem with my 04 700 except at first when it went out sometimes the AWD would engage itself even with the switch turned off and now theres no AWD or speedo. I heard theres a sensor on the right front wheel that could be bad or its the speedo.

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
clean and check your connections. If that doesn't work it is most likely the speedo. If they get moisture in them they will go bad and need to be replaced or will cause issues with idling and 4wd.

·
Registered
1 Posts
i have a 04 600 twin and the display, the speedometer and 4x4 don't work, can anyone help me with this.
thanks
im new to this but have a 2004 sportsman display messed up and awd not working how did you fix.Can i just put a switch in just so i can hove my awd

·
Registered
60 Posts
if you get a wiring diagram you can bypass the speedo to have 4wd again its pretty easy just have to tap into a wire to give the system power again and your 4wd switch will still turn it on and off speedo's are ridiculously expensive for how often they break. but it will also bypass your reverse limiter keep in mind.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts