Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It a 2002 sportsman 500 HO.

I keep it in the heated garage all winter i went to start it and the starter wont engage, I pull it and it starts right up, but there's no head lights, 4X4,dash light,break lights, and you don't have to push the override button to get it to go fast in reverse. I did hear the fan running after it took it for a drive?

I've read that there's breakers under the front rack that can cause this, could that be the problem?

Thanks
Sean

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well, a completely dead battery or no battery and nothing works right but you can still pull start it.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I don't see any fuses or breakers in the manual.

I would replace the battery if it no longer holds a charge, no need to get stuck on the trail and end up not being able to run the winch.
Run to crappy tire and pick up a battery tender as well, They keep the battery like new and you should never have a battery issue again.

Where did you get the bike?
It looks a lot like one a friend sold recently, near Oromocto.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I found an electrical diagram online that show's the breakers but I'm not going to cut them out of the sealed bags unless i have trouble with them. I would never have guessed that it would run but nothing else work without a battery...... I guess it would get you home in a pinch....

I'm going to get a new battery and one of the tenders you suggested.

I bought it last spring from an old guy in Moncton. It's my first bike, and i'm looking forward to putting more miles on it this year.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts