Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys!
I'm new to this forum so thanks in advance for your help.

I just picked up a 99 Trailblazer that had been sitting out in a field for quite a while. The previous owner had blown the motor in 2002 and just let it sit. So I pulled the head and rebuilt the top end but that was really the small of the issues since it hadnt moved in 8 years. I've been tearing it apart and replacing this and that for about a month. Last week I got it all back together and after about three tries and giving it a little gas i got it to fire up! Woo-hoo right?!
Wrong!
I had the exhaust off when i started it. It was running fine, so I figured Id put the pipe on and take it for a little warm up run.
It wouldnt start.
I pulled the plug and checked for fire... Nothing. Tested the coil... Nothing.
I bought a new one that just came in today. Popped it on... Nothing.

Anything I should know about these bikes? A fuse or something along those lines that might be the problem?

Thanks again in advance for your insights! Glad to be a member!

·
Registered
494 Posts
Hey guys!
I had the exhaust off when i started it. It was running fine, so I figured Id put the pipe on and take it for a little warm up run. It wouldnt start.
Did you take the exhaust back off and try it again? Might be a rat's/mice nest clogging the exhaust.

-Dave

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey guys!
I had the exhaust off when i started it. It was running fine, so I figured Id put the pipe on and take it for a little warm up run. It wouldnt start.
Did you take the exhaust back off and try it again? Might be a rat's/mice nest clogging the exhaust.

-Dave
Ha Ha! Thats a pretty likely scenario I'll give it a shot.

I still have no spark though...

I'll let you know.

THANKS!

·
Registered
494 Posts
No dice man! I checked the exhaust too. No rats nests lol
I had to ask. LOL

I pulled the plug and checked for fire... Nothing. Tested the coil... Nothing.
I bought a new one that just came in today. Popped it on... Nothing.

Stop troubleshooting by replacement. Gets $$$

I assume the start switch is on and any "I fell off" kill switch has its dongle inserted.

Is there power to the coil?

Found on the internet>>
Disconnect the black wire at the CDI to isolate the ignition from the kill system.
If still no spark, check stator exciter coil BLK/R to R for 226 ohms.
Check pulser W/R to W for 97 ohms.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts