Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2002 trail boss 325 that starts with the pull rope and runs great. But I have no lights and the starter doesn't work? I put a new battery in and still nothing. Both the key and handle bar switch turn it off while running. Could there be a bad fuse? Also no lights on the panel.

·
Registered
8,466 Posts
Power goes from the battery through a 20 amp circuit breaker to the key switch - when the switch is on, it connects the red wire to the red/blk wires - the red/blk wire go to the LH switch where when in the run position the red/blk wires are connected the the red/.wht wire - the red/wht wire supplies power to the speedo, starter circuit, lights etc.

Check for 12v on the red wire at the key switch - none repair the connection to the battery

12v on the red wire - check for 12v on the red/blk wire at the LH switch - none, repair the connection at the key switch or replace the key switch whichever is the correct fix

12v on the red/blk wire at the LH switch, check for 12 v on the red/wht wire - none, repair the connection or replace the LH switch whichever is the correct fix

Quick check - jump 12v from the battery pos to the red/wht wire - if everything works, determine which of the switches, connections or circuit breaker is defective and apply the appropriate remedy.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok all of a sudden today the starter works I didn’t do anything. But still no lights anywhere? Fuse maybe?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts