Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi guys sorry if this has been answered already

have 2003 sportsman 600 twin just got it .Runs great

problem: has no tach that i can find by scrolling through the yellow override button.
Also has no odometer

hr meter works
trip works
gear selector works

not sure if it has a wiring problem if someone has a pinout or any ideas or things to test .
also stays in 4x4 when not selected not sure if that can be related?
any help would be awsome
thanks

·
Registered
424 Posts
I do not believe there is a tach in the 2003's or a fuel gauge.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Fuel gauge would been nice for sure even if was fuel cap style .
There an odometer though?
Any chance can get zeroed out?

·
Premium Member
20,001 Posts
Welcome to the board!:med:

·
Registered
22 Posts
Tachometer in Diagnostic Mode

I do not believe there is a tach in the 2003's or a fuel gauge.
I think there IS a kind of a tach on your machine, too.
You can check your rpm if you go in to Diag Mode, then scroll through the screens there.

I have a 2003 700 Twin. To enter into Diag Mode with it, you have to have the Gear in N, set the parking brake with the handle, and keep the Override button pressed while turning ON the machine (start it right up). It shows a software Version number for a few seconds, then you can scroll with the Override button and see, e.g., the battery voltage - and the tachometer/rpm of your engine as well.

There is no rpm display in normal running mode, though.

Best,

Laszlo

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have a 2003 Sportsman 600 and it does have a tach on it, along with a fuel gauge that flashes and sometimes doesn't?? also has trip, hours and mileage.
My AWD does not work unless the override is depressed, im wondering if its the wrong speedo, I know it was replaced, another member suggested that may be problem.
My question is why would the tach work if it wasn't equipped from factory with one just by replacing speedo pod

·
Registered
36 Posts
I have a 2003 Sportsman 600 and it does have a tach on it, along with a fuel gauge that flashes and sometimes doesn't?? also has trip, hours and mileage.
My AWD does not work unless the override is depressed, im wondering if its the wrong speedo, I know it was replaced, another member suggested that may be problem.
My question is why would the tach work if it wasn't equipped from factory with one just by replacing speedo pod
If you have a fuel gauge then its a late model 2004. 2003 and early 2004 did not have a fuel gauge in the pod. Does the bike have a fuel switch that has a reserve or is it only on or off? If it has reserve then its a 2003 or early 2004.

·
Registered
10 Posts
No it's definitely a 2003, turns out it had the wrong speedo pod in it from the previous owner... I bit the bullet and shelled out $370 for a new one and it fixed every issue I was having....

·
Registered
424 Posts
No it's definitely a 2003, turns out it had the wrong speedo pod in it from the previous owner... I bit the bullet and shelled out $370 for a new one and it fixed every issue I was having....
Good deal why to go ....glad it's fixed now have fun and enjoy the heck out of it... be careful.:veryhappy::top:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts