·
Premium Member
20,001 Posts
Yep your the only one!:star:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
oh yeah that is funny I find it hard to believe that i am the only one who likes a manual clutch getting stuck in the mud and blistering speed and everything that goes with it rollovers and pain johnyk ( maybe it is a holdover from my dirtbike days)

·
Registered
13 Posts
We have an 07 outlaw 500 that the wife rides and runs in hare scrambles also a 400 scrambler that is scary fast!

Speaking of the outlaw's how come its so hard to find aftermarket parts for them :ponder::ponder:

·
Registered
563 Posts
I have an 06 TLD Predator.I can do without getting stuck in the mud,but sometimes they will jump out and grab ya :croc: and I have definately had my share of the pain :eek:uch::inv: :lol:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well all i can say is I am really impressed with that 525 motor she is scary fast too much throttle and you are looking at sky at least up to third,I noticed it is hard to find aftermarket parts for it also,you can find grab ,bars,bumpers and skid plated (engine and rear skid) motor wize mine is stock except for a larger main it was way lean from the factory it is plenty fast for me and nice and quit too whick is noce where i live johnyk

·
Registered
563 Posts
Have you had any problems with spinning a hub yet johnyk39?A couple of the guys I rode with has an 08 Outlaw 525s and another has a KTM 525 and both spin hubs occasionally,but the KTM is especially bad about it.He has a spare hub every time he goes just in case.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I ride a 06 outlaw 500, have the fmf ironman exhaust, dynatek programmable cdi, AC nerfbars, K&N filter ( no airbox ), ITP holeshot gncc front and back, and ride both woods and sand dunes.
also have
06 Z400 x2
04 DVX400
Rick, Ore :fing02: :add_schacko:

·
Registered
60 Posts
sport quads

i have 99 sport with mods very fast,my son has limited edition 525 s,his friend also has 525s,another friend has predator 500 used to be my sons quad.i just purchased 09 can am ds 450 very fast ,i can beat the 500 but not the 525 man those things are fast.his friends 525 beats me by one,my son gets me by 3 to 4 his limed edition must be geared different he hits third and pulls away from all of us, it is black and gold with black rims ,nice looking quad.my other son rides 03 ds 650,we all went to the badlands last weekend and had a blast,we plan on wayne national soon. im 50 and still love sport quads.see ya.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Yes, the sport quad guys are still out there. I know what you mean about having a clutch...I wouldn't have a quad without one. I have had my share of sport quads, but I just bought an 09 525s outlaw about 2 months ago and it is by far the fastest quad I have ever been on.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Bearcat 329- Don't you worry about water getting in the filter? I just bought the same quad and it doesn't have an air box in it.

·
Registered
62 Posts
2006 Outlaw 500 and i love the mud. Just put mud lites on it and can't wait to try it out this weekend. i really want a 4x4 but just can't make myself sell my outlaw. Everyone i ride with has 4x4's including my wife and all the trails we ride have water (mud) up over the wheels. Everyone is impressed with how much these things will go through

·
Registered
16 Posts
its good to see people with sport quads i just bought an 08 525 irs. i love it i ride anything that comes in front of me. i actually just buried my quad in mud today then drove thru parts of the lake and som trails. luckily my friend got tired and we left then 15 min later a massive hail storm hit.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts