Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This weekend I went out and got my 2009 Sportsman 500 stuck in the Mud, After being pulled out I noticed when in high that I had no power and it felt like it wanted to stall out. But after about 10 min of riding it, it seemed to be normal again. Has anyone had this issue before or know what could of caused that.

·
Registered
603 Posts
Ya we had that similar issue after alot of mud and water riding, took it in because it was still on warranty and they replaced the belt and said I had bad fuel and also replaced the air filter. I found the belt wasn't that bad, I put it on my 800 sportsm. and it works fine, fuel was the same for all 3 quads I was filling up, and the rest ran fine, but the air filter was absolutely full of dirt and dust, that may have been the culprit...IMO

·
Registered
3 Posts
Check the clamp on the tube going to the plastic cover over the belt. My brothers was loose and water was getting in and causing the belt to slip. After he would ride for awhile the belt would dry out and be fine. It could be doing the same thing.

·
Registered
6,903 Posts
IMO there probably was a good chance you got the coil wet going through the mud, but after 10 mins all the mud was shook out or dried out. the coil is tucked up in the front fender well and somtimes if the rubber boot that protects it slips up water or mud can get in there. if they get wet, the plug will not want to fire or fire very well until it dries out again

1 - 4 of 4 Posts