Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2015 sportsman 1000 xp. First I was having some power steering issues. EPS light was on and power steering was not working. I check the relay and it was still good. I then noticed that when I put the relay back into the fuse box it work fine. Tried again the next day and it wasn’t working again. Wiggle the relax and it work again. So I figured it just wasn’t getting a good connection. I pulled the 4 wires that go to that relay from the fuse box to clean the ends and coat them with dielectric grease. Two of the wires accidentally touched. They did not touch any wires going to anything else. When they touched, everything started clicking and some lights came on on the dash for a split second as if I turned the key to the “on” position but it was not even in the ignition. Then I put the key in and try to start it and nothing happened at all. In the “on” or the “start” position. No lights on the dash, no clicking from the starter or fuel pump or relays. Nothing. Battery is fully charged. All fuses in the fuse box are still good. I thought I may have blown the “start” relay so I tried another relay and still nothing so I’m pretty sure all of the relays are still good as well. Please someone help or point me in the right direction!!

·
Registered
9,525 Posts
If you had all 4 wires disconnected at the same time, the first thing to do is verify each wire is connected to it's assigned terminal.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts