Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 05 sporstman 400. The battery is fully charged and I am not getting any power. No lights or instrument panel and no clicking when turning the key. Any ideas on what it could be? The solenoid next to the battery is reading 12v as well.

·
Registered
434 Posts
in front compartment under rubber cover to rad and fuzes also could be your kill/on switch tryflicking it a couple times or wiggleing the plug into it

·
Registered
28 Posts
Will your quad crank over/start? My 07 sportsman 500 just had that same problem. I had no lights, no gauges, and it would not crank nor start. My battery was brand new and i had power at the solenoid. It turned out to be my ecm which is the black box mounted by the steering shaft behind the center headlight. The part alone cost me 495 dollars. Luckily it was easy to install so i didnt waste any more money having someone else do it for me. Good luck sir. Hopefully this helps. Let us know what u figure out

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I couldn't find any fuses on it. Turns out the ecm had a recall on it. I have a new one on the way. It should be here Friday and should resolve the problem. Thanks everybody that replied and I will keep you posted when I try it out. Thanks again!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts