Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
sportsman 500

stopped on the trail turned bike off. went to leave there was no power at the key... battery is good everything was normal just total dead bike.. any suggestions.. someone had mentioned the shift position relay??

·
Super Moderator
6,990 Posts
Engine stop switch on handlebar in the run position?
That would be my suggestion as well. As obvious as it seems, until it happens to you, you have no idea how easy it is to over look. Happened with my wife and her 500 several years ago, when we were way the hell out in the middle of nowhere in Moab. After 20-30 minutes of trying to figure it out, and trying to figure out how we were going to get it back to camp, I happened to look at the switch. The feeling of relief almost over came my feeling of stupidity... :grin

·
Registered
5,931 Posts
I'm looking at a 2010 500 HO carbureted model.

You need to get to the back of the key switch - there should be power on the yellow wire (from the fuse block) - if there is power on the yellow wire then with the key switch on, there should be power on the red wire with a black stripe.

If there's no power on the yellow wire, it's either a blown fuse or a bad fusible link near the solenoid.

I've got something else to do for the rest of the evening. Good luck - I'll check back tomorrow.

·
Premium Member
7,687 Posts
Bad fuse or connection. Check the fuses and fiddle with them and the wires that go into the back of the fuse block as you are trying to start the wheeler.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey guys so similar issue, I have a 2018 sportsman 570 eps. It sat for a while and went to start it and it was dead. Put on battery tender and after half a day nothing lit up on the dash. It would start with the tender but no dash lights at all. Got a new battery and still nothing. Checked power on battery and fuses good. Power on one leg to some round brass looking piece on left side. I also replaced the 10amp circuit breaker. Any ideas?

Thank you for any assistance.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts