Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just put a brand new fully charged battery in my ATV. Try to start it and nothing. No clicks no nothing.

Anyone have any ideas before I have it sent to the shop?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I checked all the no-brainers. I'm thinking it must be a solenoid or some fuse that got blown.

·
11,142 Posts
Jump directly to the starter and see if it cranks. If it does, your solenoid is bad or you have a bad connection to the solenoid or switch.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Any luck? I've got a similar issue. I had a dead battery, but the lights would come on dimly. Then I replaced it with a known good battery and now I don't get any lights. Not even pod lights. No idea whats wrong. I got a circuit tester and I'm going to hopefully start troubleshooting tonight. Seems like a fuse issue. But all fuses looked good.

·
Registered
9 Posts
My problem turned out to be a dumb mistake on my part. I hope you have luck getting your resolved too. When I installed the new battery, I didn't noticed that there were two positive cables that need to be connected to the positive terminal. One of them had slipped back into the boot, and I only connected the other one. This is why the ATV had no power at all when I was turning the key. Once I noticed this, I hooked up both positive cables to the terminal and everything works fine now.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts