Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well now along with the squeal to day we were out riding and speedo quite gear indicator just said -- and no power steering and the red light was on for steering. shut off and re started 4 or 5 times same thing. Loaded up and went home got there started up and everythings good and working. any ideas before I take it to my wonderful dealer and they tell me this is also normal!

·
Registered
2,350 Posts
Have you ever applied dielectric grease to all the electrical connections?

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
some of them I have not all yet I put it on the ones I can get to when I work on it. I have not done alot to this one yet.

·
Registered
2,350 Posts
It seems to prevent many electrical gremlins

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I will have to work on getting the rest of them done!

·
Registered
31 Posts
I had the same thing happen to mine after pounding it through some deep water holes. After a few days everything was back to normal and it never happened again. I attributed it to getting water somewhere where it shouldn't have been. I also made sure my battery connections were super tight. Low battery will cause the same issues.

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
we were in some water but it was not any deeper than the floor boards. I would not think that would be deep enough.

·
Registered
21 Posts
My 550 has done this about a dozen times and I only have about 200km on my machine. It usually happens when I first start it for the day and if I turn the key off and wait a minute before I restart it goes back to normal. I read some where on the interweb that another owner took his machine to the dealer and they flashed or updated the computer? I could not find that post but plan on taking mine down to the dealer here soon.

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
With intermittent problems like this I always like to start with the basics. This problem is normally caused by moisture or poor connection. Start by cleaning and dielectric greasing all your connections. This will hopefully fix your issue, and prevent future moisture issues. Let us know if this doesn't work.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
well took it to the dealer to night and they say it needs a reflash again(did one a month ago) and possibly a speed sensor. so I guess we will see what they have to say for sure tomorrow.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well go it back and they did put in updated speed sensor and reflashed the computer hope it works!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Did this fix the problem? My machine is doing this exact thing.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
So far it has fixed it

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
96 Posts
My '13 550 first had this issue when I washed it. I just used the garden hose and a gental spray. This past weekend it did it three times on our 4 hour ride and it happened at ignition start up each time and no water was involved . It's got me baffled.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I have gone over mine a hundred times and cannot find any wiring out of order. It only acts up when I'm riding hard on the trails. It works fine riding around the neighborhood and yard. I guess I'll have to bite the bullet and go get raped at the dealership. Jehar how much did the flash cost you?

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Mine was done under warranty.

·
Registered
91 Posts
gear indicator --

so after a very wet, industrial rain, big puddle ride I got the next morning the exact same thing as you other guys: gear indicator --
red light and no eps. but all else worked great. this was at 200 miles and that was 3 weeks ago. since then some mornings(I use daily) I get it and just shut it off and try again and then its normal.
does anyone one know now what it is for sure?
btw mine is a 2014 550 eps 600 miles
txs

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
They replaced my ecm at the end of ridding season so I won't know for sure until we start ridding in the spring again if that did it or not.I will try to remember to report back.

·
Registered
91 Posts
replaced ecm. wow thats got me scared. Mine still does it only first thing in the morning and about one day a week. I uses it every day so I have a good handle on it. Well, please tell me anything you learn on this
thanks

1 - 19 of 19 Posts